1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Hunt released by KC; do we pick him up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 30, 2018.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Over Bob McNair’s dead body.

Oh wait...

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I just watched the video for the first time, it was much more tame than I was expecting....based on everything people were saying I was expecting Ray Rice 2.0 and it simply wasn't on that level so maybe this kid has a chance to come back in a few years.

3. Fantasma Negro

I watched the video and I didn't think the altercation was that bad, the kick at the end was terrible but the push was her fault imo. That being said Hunt has a history of domestic violence that goes back to college. I don't think the Texans will rock the boat. He's not going to play again this season anyway so its not worth the p.r. hit and distraction. Plus D'onta will be back next week so its a moot point

#63 Fantasma Negro, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL

Patience likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You make a good point. Sometimes I do wonder why I watch sports. I mean lots of jocks were also bullies growing up. Many jocks have been coddled and treated like royalty since college recruiting days, and have learned to cheat, take money, incentives, and gifts under the counter. Many have been treated differently than the average thug when it comes to breaking the law. It is pretty sad that sports are bigger than values to many.

Regardless, I would like to think that there are athletes who are actually good guys in person, have strong moral values, and don't rape women, punch people in the face who piss them off, or take PEDs and other drugs. I would like to think that some were actually raised with strong family values, and actually treat women and others with respect off the football field. Maybe you couldn't even make a football team if you ruled out all the bullies and thugs though. Who knows.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The Texans wouldn’t touch Hunt with a 100 Ft pole.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And they shouldn't, he's radioactive right now and RB's generally don't have long enough careers to make it worth it. If he was a JJ Watt type, a Peyton Manning type, or a Calvin Johnson type, then maybe you consider taking the hit but never for a RB.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Hunt will deserve the punishment he gets, but that wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Ray Rice incident

Like if that had been all males it would just be a typical drunken scuffle

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No, Texans pride themselves in having a team of high character/moral players, this move wouldn't fit the team's brand.

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Again, it was Tyreke Hill that had a DV case in college

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Too soon dip ****

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He will not be allowed to play again this year, so any team that picks him up will have to deal with a major PR issue..and no player.

At his age, he will undoubtedly be back in the league, probably next season, but he's radioactive right now. During the offseason when the smoke clears and something else has the media's attention he will get picked up, there will probably be a line of suitors.

If teams genuinely believe you can impact the team, you will always have a job if you are legally allowed to play. If you are a fringe guy, then the PR situation becomes an issue. I'm honestly surprised KC cut him, figured they would have suspended him for the year and try to let the heat die. I tend to believe he lied to the team, it would explain the immediate cut.

#72 sealclubber1016, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You’re right. Cal should probably wait until next season before he does away with the “Only choir boys allowed on the team” rule.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I know one thing the Hunt family is probably not very happy about this

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Twitter hashtag #HuntMode takes on a whole new meaning now.

16. Buck Turgidson

I see what you did there.

17. Roc Paint

I hope he leaves it just for kicks

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

ISWYDT

[​IMG]

19. Roc Paint

In all seriousness I think the Texans should be the first in line to get their hands on him especially after this interview I’m watching right now. That says a lot about him to want to get in front of the camera so soon to take full responsibility for the situation.

Fulgore likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno, I mean, he's not in a position like Ray Rice who had already banked over 30 million dollars when his incident happened, Hunt has made just over 1 million dollars in his career and likely doesn't have a lot of it left. His desire to get out in front of the incident is likely driven by his financial situation. He can't afford to retire on what he's made, he HAS to play again.