1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just plain embarrassing! I’m sick of this.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I couldn't recall why I had you on ignore, DaonlyLA. One glance at your last post explained everything. You are both a fool and a bigot. Bye.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm sure Fertitta would pay a little more in terms of expenses to have that pre-sold seat full instead of empty, because an empty seat can't buy a jersey, or hotdog, or take a halfcourt shot, or tell their friends they went or create a great moment on the big screen. Selling one hotdog at the TC brings in half as much profit as a single regular season ticket I bet.

Moreover, this thing has a knock on effect. Maybe he sold the seat 6 months ago, but if that guy never shows up fewer fans will be excited about games.

And it doesn't have to be exclusively one or the other. They're building a new arena. There are a million ways to give away those seats to corporate partners without it affecting the atmosphere. This is not some huge task, this is the primary job of the marketing chief. It is not difficult or necessarily more expensive to sell those seats to regular fans. Houston is a gigantic city, even if basketball is the 3rd favorite sport those seats should be full. Other teams give away seats to partners or companies too + there are teams not in basketball cities that still do betterl.

Great basketball organization, but the marketing has been poor - when compared to other NBA teams - in the 20+ years I've been watching. That is why it is the way it is.

Verbal Christ and Easy like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong.

If you can't figure out why this place is called Clutch fans, you failed

Clutch City is the not only the greatest sports event in history,
    it's the greatest achievement by human beings.

4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The solution Is holograms. Just put in 2K fans in the seats,

HakeemOnlyFan, CK Johnson and vince like this.
  5. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

The cost of living vs salaries per household for the most part cancel each other out, it’s called economics just FYI.
    The average ticket price for a Knicks game is about $129, meanwhile, according to the census, NYC has an average household income of about $60-70k. In HOU the average ticket sale is about $67 while the average household income is about $61k.... make sense? So what I’m saying is that ticket prices don’t matter bc they usually increase or decrease depending on demographics and market. You also mentioned that ppl here work, well I’m not sure how old you are but ppl work everywhere, it’s not just a HOU thing.
    What I’m simply proposing is just some sort of entertainment that attracts ppl to and around TC. TBH TC isn’t located in a very safe area so ppl wanting to wait outside for hours isn’t really that appealing. Also, if you look at the TC from an overhead view you can see that PARKING surrounds the building. You want to know a reason why ppl fill up NRG? Bc ppl are allowed to tailgate, drink, and play music hours before the game in the parking lot. There is ppl who don’t even have tickets to the games that come JUST for the tailgate. Am I proposing we tailgate? Sure, anything to draw ppl in and have them roudied up before tip off. However, Tilman still needs to build something outside and around TC where ppl can come, feel safe, and pre game. Les was a great owner, however, he was really cheap when he built TC. He never opened his checkbook and invested in the TC’s surrounding areas which I’m hoping Tilman does. Go look at most major market arenas and tell me what you see outside or surrounding those places....

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the marketing has just been directed toward China and not Houston.

Les.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I'm paying $190 for 2 tickets that are a little better than nosebleed vs. the freaking Pelicans.

That's outrageous.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Yeah why can't you Hill Billy mofos be like those in Indiana because they like basketball up there or used to. Right on!!!

But those ticket prices for a poor person like me...

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

I'm not concerned over some empty seats, I tried though but... I just couldn't

10. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

Having to watch the game via binoculars because of the high ticket prices is not my definition of a good time. I went to the astro arena for a game before they had a venue to begin with and then one game at the old venue. The astro arena seats were the best. Sorry, but it's the TV and/or streaming to my computer for me.

HakeemOnlyFan and bulkatron like this.
  11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Grunch, has any new concept been added to this thread? This is like the 10th iteration of the same thread right? Has anyone come up with a better potential explanation than @heypartner when he wrote of (perhaps last year or two years ago) the season ticket selling strategy of the lower bowl, and not limiting corporate seats to groups of four like the Texans do? I've bought into that and combined it with all the lounge stuff.

tinman and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

The Moda Center is LOUD tonight! The lower bowl is PACKED and FULL. Imagine if they Toyota Center was like this on a nightly basis. :eek:

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep if only we still have jeremy lamb superstar istead of frauden