1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Julian Castro is running for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Republican=Taliban. I guess Taliban are still running afgantistan. It doesn't make republicans right.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Fine, but what I really wanted to dig down into is how far @larsv8's purge is going to go. If he's just thinking of Republican party officials or maybe the Republicans in high office, he wasn't terribly clear, but there are 32 million members of the Republican Party and 63 million people who cast a ballot for Donald Trump. When you tell them the organization they've put their faith in is actually a terrorist organization bent on subverting democracy and we're purging them (I'll give him the charitable interpretation that he means to remove them from the political discourse and not to actually exterminate them, but he can clarify), what do you think the reaction is going to be? Are they going to apologize for being duped? Are they going to surrender their concerns about the shrinking opportunities in rural America, in protecting the unborn, in making it easy to do business, in reducing the tax burden, in making government smaller and more efficient? No, so it isn't very constructive to say half of America must be silenced. It's like saying your roommate, who pays half the rent, can't use the kitchen, living room, or bathroom because you don't like his cleaning habits. It is a whole lot more helpful to say we hear your concerns and I want to find a solution that everyone can live with.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hey, Dave

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, I do not mean to commit genocide on every Republican in the country.

I will tell them nothing, because they don't care. They will continue to believe alt-truth and alt-facts, whether we operate in a cooperative mode or a combative one. There is no compromise, because there is no common set of truth.

The political party, its ideas, its policies, its legacy, its influence, its greed, its corruption, all need to purged. From it's ashes a new iteration of the party can arise, which can easily adopt some core conservative principles, but the abortion the party is today is untenable. Until it deals in truth, it is an enemy to this country. Period.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Then I think my characterization as "not constructive" was right. You don't want to build anything, but vaguely hope if enough is destroyed something new will grow like magic.

6. HTM

HTM Member

I mean, this equation is horribly insulting to the victims of the Taliban and all members of the GOP.

Congrats you managed to insult a lot of people.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wake up

We are already on the path of destruction.

We are living the fall of an empire.

JuanValdez likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

I love how, only in the D&D, a benign thread about a relatively minor Texas politician can turn into threats of pogroms and the Fall of the Roman Empire within 2 pages.

This bbs is the best.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

democracy destroyed. the 2018 election was all a big sham. the president wanted the democrats to win. suckers

JuanValdez likes this.
  10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Okay, but you still need western PA, Ohio River Valley, Wisconsin, Michigan and to push back against the 49% of Minnesotan (!!) major ticket voters who supported Trump.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I like the guy, but the sad truth is that he's too short of be president. It's a lesson of history given free of charge. Mayor Castro (Secretary Castro?) might end up back in a Democratic cabinet, though. The guy is smart, and he's taller than Secretary Reich, a fine and decent short person.

12. Buck Turgidson

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/abc-campaign-88/n9702

Don't know how to embed this vid

Deckard likes this.
  13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Isn't he unemployed right now? He should get a job between now and 2020.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

spurs fan, would not vote for.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He better settle for Beto's vice president.

He won't even be able to beat Beto in a hypothetical primary.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... cruz is a Rockets fan and I still would never vote for him (well, maybe, if it was cruz versus trump).

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

This dude is just going to have his brother show up to events so he can sleep in and watch Fox News

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

This is what I've been thinking. One of them tours the world making appearances while the other sits in the White House. Then they switch. Double the productivity (or twice the tweets, if it was the Donald)

It's a Twofer, like a Kuppenheimer suit sale.

FranchiseBlade likes this.