1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Julian Castro is running for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I support America's first known twin President.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

disappointing thread title

3. Nook

Nook Member

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They need to make sure Julian always wears a blue tie and Joaquin wears a purple tie so that no one gets confused.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

A message of "bringing people together" is flawed as it paints the opposite party as a legitimate political group with divided ideas, but the same ultimate goals, and we just need to find a way compromise.

This is not the case of America. We are not that.

The other side is a terrorist organization attempting to hijack power and destroy Democracy. It is a cancer to our society and must be purged as quickly and efficiently as possible.

CometsWin likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Castro is creepy.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, don't hold back, tell us what you really think. Out of curiosity, have you come up with a "final solution" to the other side question?

MiddleMan and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Which one is he

10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

11. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

While I like both Castro brothers, Julian is angling for more name recognition and in reality is running for VP to the eventual nominee.

JuanValdez and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. JuanValdez

This is probably not a constructive attitude to take.

King1 and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

At some point Hispanics will start voting and but maybe not this election. I don't know what percent of Hispanics voted in 2016 but 10% of the voters were Hispanic and they are 18% of the population so they still aren't voting at a high rate relatively.

15. larsv8

Please tell me a constructive way to restore the rule of law to our society and make our government serve the interest of it citizens. I will wait.

16. JuanValdez

The changey-hopey "bring people together" stuff is likelier to yield results than to brand 40%+ of the country as complicit in terrorism and tyranny. I suspect that Trump is a criminal and should be removed as a criminal. But 50 million people voted for him. You can't purge 50 million people. The people who selected that guy out of 17 hopefuls to be the Republican candidate and ultimately the President have legitimate concerns. Their concerns are not a cancer on society. I think they made bad choices in trying to address the concerns, and we'll always be working on that. What the Republican party does will be a reaction to this electorate. Apart from Trump, the Republican Party is no more an evil cabal than is the Democratic Party. But if you treat them as if they were, you will never be able to agree on areas of common ground, or reach compromises because doing either means making a deal with the devil and absolutists like yourself will punish such compromisers at the ballot box and leave us in a stalemate forever.

DCkid and RayRay10 like this.
  17. larsv8

Absolutely 100% false.

18. JuanValdez

Okay, let's say the Republican Party is an evil cabal. What about the 50 million people that voted for Trump?

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think 50 million of them are evil. But at this point, they have to be okay with the President doing all of the things that Trump has done and said.

If they say, "I don't like him tweeting hateful, racist, misogynistic, things but it's worth it to have him choose supreme court justices and hopefully have deregulation or whatever", then those voters have sold out their principles for that. Anyone that supports Trump for those reasons is saying they are willing to have someone who is corrupt, surrounds himself with corrupt people, supports racist ideas and folks in order to get deregulation and a supreme court justice.

So I have a problem with those voters as well.

peleincubus likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Nay, but... !

There is some unique advantages to having twin as President and VP.