1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh McDaniels spurns Colts to stay with Patriots

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 6, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The details out yet? Maybe the Colts just got overly excited or tried to pressure him before he committed.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

From what I heard, he'd verbally committed but had not yet signed a contract. He'd asked the Colts for a few days to discuss it with his family. That's when Kraft swooped in an made his pitch to McDaniels. I'm wondering if this infers that Belichick's time is limited - he may be planning to walk when Brady moves on. It would be the perfect time for him to exit.

3. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

To be fair from McDaniels point of view if he wasn't comfortable with the idea of coaching the Colts with the Luck situation and the lack of talent on the team then it's his right since no contract was signed.

If he fails again as a HC he might not get another chance so might as well wait for the one he feel is the right one.

4. texian

texian Member

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Rumblings that Kraft and the Patriots orchestrated the whole thing to get Colts back for deflate gate. Hard to believe but then again, it isn't.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That seems too low down even for the Pats.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I don’t know about that...

J.R. likes this.
  8. conquistador#11

these guys really want to be bellicheat. too bad for the colts the missed out on future legend Vrabel(not serious here)

9. texian

texian Member

This is what the ever-annoying Patriots cheerleader beat writer Mike Reiss says swayed McDaniels to stay in NE:

Bill Belichick said to him, 'I want you to be by my side. I am going to open my world to you.’

Really?

Can anybody hear Belichick vomiting those words onto McD, LOL.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think he got down on one knee and proposed, with Robert Kraft giving his blessing. It was beautiful.

texian likes this.
  11. likestohypeguy

[​IMG]

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Josh McDaniels is a POS that almost burned the Broncos franchise to the ground. Dude thinks he's Bill Belicheat. To the point that he thinks a he can do and say what he wants when he wants. Truth is he hasn't done very much without Tom Brady. He's yet ANOTHER boy "genius " who thinks the world owes him something and will never live up to the hype.

juanm34 and J.R. like this.
  13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Neither do I. The unreal level of stupidity the Colts unleashed on the football world because a ball was 1/2 a lb of pressure too soft deserves some retribution. I doubt they orchestrated it...but karma is a b****.

Nook and juanm34 like this.
  14. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

It's gotta mean that NE spot is his in as little as a year or two. I bet they draft a qb this year for McDaniels/Brady to begin grooming, win 13 games and lose in the playoffs to Jax. Brady/Beli ride into the sunset and McDaniels has his team and his qb who got to learn a year under the GOAT. Why would he want to go to Indy? You have an injury prone QB who may never be the same again, no defense, terrible O-line, no run game, and no receivers outside of T.Y.

I wouldn't be surprised if McDaniels had a lot more say in the draft room this summer. Kraft wants nothing more than for NE to not become irrelevant when Brady/Beli leave. What better way to do that that hold on to a highly sought after OC that has been under Belicheck for awhile now, has spent tons of time coaching the best quarterback ever, and has been a part of the team long enough to know the direction they are heading and what the next few years can entail even with a new qb under center...

15. PhiSlammaJamma

The QB situacion in NE will be just as shiotty as it is near IND. There's no good option unless he slots to another team.

16. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Could see Jerry prying him away after Red gets canned. Would be a good option for McDaniels if Dak has a strong season and Dallas locks him in.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. texian

texian Member

New Colts HC Reich is an ordained Presbyterian pastor...

Maybe he can help this guy:

[​IMG]

19. J.R.

J.R. Member