1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Bell

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Jun 16, 2017.

1. basketballholic

He'll play 4/5 like Draymond. He's the closest thing to Draymond to come into the Association since.......Draymond.

Why not? likes this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So why is he a 2nd rounder?

3. basketballholic

I'll be shocked if he goes in the second. Just because draft express has him there doesn't mean they're right. He really should go in the lottery. But I suspect somewhere between 15 to 25 is where he lands.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

@basketballholic @Clutch

Seth Davis is on NBA Radio right now raving about Jordan Bell.

The one interesting point is Bell and Tristan Thompson compare pretty well... Thompson slightly better measurements (ever so slightly), but Jordan Bell to him seems to do everything Thompson does or better (defense) in college, and Thompson was drafted 4th.

We shall see...

5. Why not?

Why not? Member

Bell is my favorite guy (for us) in the draft. Defensive versatility; he's actually a better rim protector now than Draymond is. Has a long way to go offensively, but I would be really really excited if he fell to us!

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did I call it or not?

Bulls have now gifted both the T-Wolves and Warriors.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

SO pissed about this pick.

basketballholic likes this.
  8. basketballholic

I think he's going to learn to shoot the three and he'll fit into the Warriors like a glove.

Warriors are going to be around for a long, long time. You are looking at substantial greatness for at least the next ten years. And it's because they are going to perpetuate themselves like the Spurs have.

You've gotta be able to pick these guys late. Bob Myers and Pops understand it. In a few years the Spurs are gonna own the rights to all the starters in euroleague.

We need to hire Hinkie back. Morey is missing his sidekick. Hinkie was a huge key for us winning trades.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Look, offensively Jordan is a LONG LONG LONG way away from Draymond Green. Does not at college have anything close to the shot, outside shot, three point shot that Draymond had... IN COLLEGE. Not to mention the passing.

That said, kid is a hard worker, and improved his free throw shooting from 50% to 70% over his three years at Oregon.... so its possible.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Gonna ask this, as well. Some media have said Bell was the best defender in the draft; being that big men are hard to come by, why the 2nd round?

And good on Bell. He'll have all the time to learn a-hole skills (Pachulia) and how to fail spectacularly (McGee).

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are good players coming out of the 2nd round.

12. basketballholic

A_3PO

Should we start guessing the first playoff game with the dubs when we're throwing stuff because Bell is tearing us a new one? Or will it be a regular season game before we get to the playoffs?

13. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

just summer league but...Bell finished with five points, 11 rebounds, six blocks, five assists and fives steals +27 for the game

Nook and Clutch like this.
  14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now we know he can make some plays on Cole Aldrich in a 30 point blowout, but he has been a ghost in his other two preseason games.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is a long adjustment period in the NBA needed to work the kinks out. On such a talented, versatile, veteran team, it's an uphill climb.

I doubt he shows much until late in the season. But in the playoffs when they need (1) a PnR defender instead of a statue at C, (2) someone who won't freeze liked a scared puppy every time he touches the ball on offense and (3) an athletic rim protector, don't be surprised if Bell gets his chance. Having played for Dana Altman at Oregon, he's already a better passer than both Zaza and McGee.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

The only good thing is that he signed for two years and he'll be restricted after, if the guy is going to be very good, i can see a team poison pill here, and i'm not sure the Warriors will be able to match it.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I'd hope he is a better passer then Javale McGee, seeing as he is human and alive. :D

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Smart move by him, If he is in fact as good as everyone says he will be.

Vivi likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jeeeezus christ Harden and Gordon made Bell their b**** tonight, I think they probably scored a combined 20 points soley on him in his short 11 minutes on the floor.

He's a rookie playing in his first game, Harden is a superstar, Gordon had a great game, so he gets a pass, but they pounced on him like a wounded animal on offense, which was really surprising considering his supposed go to skill is defense.

#40 ThatBoyNick, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    RudyTBag likes this.