1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joel Embiid mocking Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

First off, he was purposefully exaggerating for comedic effect -- it worked.

Harden occasionally travels, but his usual step back is obviously legal or the refs would have called it ONCE in the thousands of times he's used the move over the years.

But the entire NBA travels/carries. I mean look at LeBron when he takes the ball out of bounds. He sometimes walks three steps kind of spinning the ball and getting his rhythm before he takes a dribble...how that isn't called is beyond me.

MorningZippo likes this.
  2. rocks123

rocks123 Member

So he's watching Harden. He should be watching capela more. Harden is watching simmons and donovan closely cause they are the future and his competition. But i guess this will help the rockets if embiid prefers to goof around, watch and imitate Harden rather than seriously watch tapes of Hakeem or Yao or any GREAT centers and imitate their moves.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’ll take the refs, coaches, and players word for it over max and some jealous fans. I don’t give a **** what ignorant fans think and either should you. I guarantee you the refs don’t. The reason you don’t hear players and coaches b****ing about it is because it isn’t a travel and it never will be.

Rockets4Life13 and Blurr#7 like this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

******g baby.

Jontro likes this.
  5. rocketsmetalspd

Needs to work on his foot work before trying to get that move down pat.

6. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

It starts with a coach *Kerr and then it spreads slowly to the media and then the fans pick up on it and overtime it snowballs into Harden's a cheater etc I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen like Harden rules 1. I don't trust this league for ****. The refs are enforcing the rule the way it is written now and doing it correctly, but the NBA has no problems changing. I have full confidence Harden would still continue to dominate even if they enforced a Harden rule 2.0, but holy F would that be some shady bs.

All the sudden his Euro is a travel too lol only Harden.

"
    [​IMG]

Ric Bucher @RicBucher

Dude: his step-back isn't categorically a travel. But he often travels (and gains an unfair advantage doing so) on his step-back 3. And his Euro step move. That said, I still put him at the top of my MVP ballot. https://twitter.com/TeddyFrankMusic/status/986024632590438408 …"

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

8. HookemHorns1250

The rule of “If you can’t beat them, join them” has turned into, “If you can’t beat them, complain about it non stop until a new rule is put into place.”

split41, adw, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  9. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Sixers lost.

Karma is a b**** ;)

D-rock likes this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Exactly this.

By the rules, some of Harden’s step backs are travels, and they don’t get called.

I mean, look at last game. A guy walked around with the ball after a free throw and none of the refs cared.

Historically, unless it’s EXTREMELY obvious, the refs aren’t going to call a travel. It works in everyone’s favor. Better dunks, better “footwork.” It’s fun to watch.

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Looks like Harden's step-back performed in molasses... eww yuck!

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

All these people are mocking Harden now, but just wait. Next year, you'll have a dozen or so NBA players who all of a sudden are trying this move regularly.

The Rockets are an organization of trend-setters. Whether its the front office use of analytics, the coaching philosophy of pace and space, or the various offensive techniques employed by its stars (Harden and Paul) to to get a competitive edge -- we are leading the way.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You guys know dwight used to do this in shoot around 3-4 years ago before games when he was hardens teammate right?

He would exaggerate herky jerky movements and take multiple steps back before shooting left handed 3s.

Its just a joke lol. Yall wouldnt be trippin if it was one of hardens teammates playin around.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lol some passive aggressive **** right there from an WB fan

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

as Russell Westbrook would say

if you ain't hittin those shots, shut the f up.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

working on my embiid imitation

[​IMG]

17. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

Wow, I'm embarrassed to be Rockets fans with some of y’all. Crazy insecure. Just laugh or keep it moving.

MONON and PersianRocket like this.
  18. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Idk why so many of you are so upset over a 22 year old kid joking around lol. I for one love Embiid and think he brings a bit of intrigue to the game in a sense that you know he will get in the head (or try to) of any player he's up against. He's like a talented Lance Stephenson in that regard. Some people need to not take personal offense to this stuff.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

we're trying to have fun with the situation, nothing personal.

Emtenndo likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]