1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin could play in the CBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCII, Aug 19, 2019.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Beverley is pretty much the same player he always has been. 3 and D guy, and very good at it. More mature, physically stronger, but essentially the same player. Great that he finally got a big contract, but still not relied upon to be the primary playmaker on his team. His overall scoring and assist abilities are about the same as they’ve always been.

Lin improved his defense, going from obvious liability to a strength (according to Steve Clifford, who kept Lin in at the end of games in Charlotte largely for his defense along side Kemba). He improved his ability to go left from a liability to a non-issue). The idea that he didn’t work on his game goes against what every coach he’s played for (other than Byron Scott) has ever said about him. I know I know...you think they are just trying to be nice .

Comparing Beverley’ “career trajectory” to Lin’s became pointless once Lin ruptured his patella. So very obvious that that injury derailed his career...that injury has derailed and ended many NBA players’ careers. That Lin worked hard to even get back to playing condition is pretty substantial. Glad Bev is finding success...

2. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Word. Pat Bev improved his game while Jerry keeps living through that two weeks with the Knicks and never improved.

Now he's whining about discrimination.

You don't see Melo whining about discrimination and he ain't got no team. He just ain't good like jerry

Zboy likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Exactly.

Pat worked hard and he got rewarded.

Airemy felt entitled, despite not being good at basketball, which is why he is without a contract today.

Any GM in the league would take a look at Pat today and would love to add him to the team. Why? Because he understands his role, works hard, and makes positive contribution tot he team.

No GM in the league has offered a contract to Airemy so far in the off-season because Airemy is just not as good as he and his fans think he is. He still has not learned how to play within his limitation and is a liability on and off the court. Too much luggage for a scrub like him.

As much as an idiot McHale was, he figured very early on who the better player between Pat and Airemy is. Although it was a no brainer because Pat had been destroying Airemy in practices, and Airemy the mental midget he is, folded.

#23 Zboy, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every team Jeremy went to , he got demoted , traded or left before his contact was over.

I believe the Rockets were the unfortunate team to have his longest tenure and that the great fans of the Rockets had to endure the worst group of cult fans since David Koresh followers

I hate how people connect him with Yao who was a significantly superior player and person with a strong spine.

I believe his public whining is just a small sample to what his teammates and coaches had to endure.

Kobe yelling at him like a toddler was the real truth

Zboy and vlaurelio like this.
  5. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Lmao you gonna let food stop you from getting a pay check? man you're a snow flake for sure.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Airemy the scrub actually whined and cried about Kobe taking game winning shots...

Imagine that... a scrub taking shot at one of the best players in NBA history lol....

Kobe knew Airemy was a gutless mental midget which is why he chewed him up in practice and in games.

LA players, coaches, management, and the fans wanted no part of Airemy once his contract was up.

Like I said, the problem with Airemy has always been that he thinks he is much better than he actually is. A role player that does not understand his role, and that does not play to his limitations, can be a huge liability and Rockets fans witnessed it with him.

Jontro and tinman like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Part of him still does keep his hopes up to play in the NBA, otherwise a deal should have been reached by now.

yoeddy likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

The Lakers board banned LOFs
    They saw what happened here
    Bravo to them

Jontro likes this.
  9. yoeddy

Huh? I don't understand. What does Taiwan having great food have to do with me getting a pay check?

10. yoeddy

Agree. I am still able to post there (tho I choose not to).

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Was hoping this was a Canadian basketball gig.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. tinman

Supporting Member

When it comes to excuses
    Some people play the race card
    Some play the religion card
    He plays both

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jerry following Marbury's path.

Roomba likes this.
  15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Idk if he'll be idolized in Beijing to anywhere near the level Marbury has been over the years, but it certainly makes watching ball across the pond more interesting.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. TilmanFinancialWindfall

lol. so true. Only NBA player I know of that plays both race and religion card.