1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

jeffrey epstein

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, doing some digging, a bunch of really old antisemitic propaganda references Moloch as setup for the blood libel used to fuel pogroms and such.

Apparently Moloch appears in the Bible, so the anti semites posit that modern Jews all actually worship and make sacrifices to Moloch in their money-grubbing plot to take over the world.

In short, Moloch is a very problematic accusation based on historical use. This is not to say it can't be true, but it is probably an accusation to wield with a great deal of discretion.

#701 Ottomaton, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

noted. Good post.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Interesting and thanks. Had never heard of that link but it makes sense.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is it that surprising?

Most Americans wouldn't give a second thought about the treatment pedos and sex offenders get in jail. It's why our laws and sentencing are the most draconian among developed economies.

This guy was more or less an industrialist specializing in human trafficking and information brokering.

Oh yeah...for shame jails didn't do better! The real shame is that he didn't squeal like a pig, but the cognitive dissonance in me also knows that snitches get stitches.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

love how the press is more concerned about asking Trump hard questions than asking it of the people who let this epstein matter occur.

7. body slam

body slam Member

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know podcast newest episode covers Epstein's death.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Do any of them say Maloch is an owl, apart from that one in Bohemian Grove?

Earlier in this thread, after Epstein's first suicide attempt, I pushed back on someone who said he should have automatically been on suicide watch from the beginning. I figure we don't want to be putting in inordinate effort on all the pedos that get processed until they demonstrate suicidal intent. But now I'm flip-flopping. Epstein is not different from the other accused child molesters in crimes, but he is now also a political figure because of his purported connections to Clinton and Trump. Given the large political ramifications of his death, more should have been done to make sure it didn't come to pass. Whatever the dereliction of the guards on duty, there is another guy who took him off of suicide watch. Apparently, to get off of suicide watch would require the approval of the warden, Lamine N'Diaye, and the MCC's chief psychologist (whose name I can't find, which makes sense).

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm surprised the queen isn't getting more play in the conspiracy theory games -- Prince Andrew and Epstein seemed to have one of the most public relationships.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

She's a Killer Queen
    Gunpowder, gelatine
    Dynamite with a laser beam
    Guaranteed to blow your mind

Ottomaton, mikol13 and KingCheetah like this.
  11. KingCheetah

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

But I think British Royalty is used to every type of peccadillo from the lesser princes.

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Epstein's Own Lawyers Tell Court He Likely Died By "Assault" As Federal Case Dropped

A defense lawyer for Jeffrey Epstein on Tuesday expressed deep skepticism that the wealthy financier died by hanging himself in a Manhattan federal jail while awaiting trial on child sex trafficking charges, as a medical examiner has ruled.

The injuries suffered by Epstein are “far more consistent with assault” than suicide, the lawyer, Reid Weingarten, told Judge Richard Berman in U.S. District Court in Manhattan during a hearing. Weingarten cited the defense’s own medical sources. Broken bones were found in Epstein’s neck during an autopsy after he died Aug. 10.

Such fractures are somewhat more common in cases of strangulation than in hanging. Weingarten told the judge that when he and other defense attorneys spoke to Epstein shortly before his death “we did not see a despairing, despondent, suicidal person.”

Weingarten’s comments came during a proceeding where prosecutors were seeking the dismissal of child sex trafficking charges against the Epstein as a result of his death. More than 20 alleged victims of Epstein spoke or had statements read during the hearing.

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hmm... quite the quandary. Do you believe the lawyers representing one of the most despicable criminals of all time, or do you believe the justice department (who took epstein off suicide watch) led by trump's hand-picked attorney general and who has been shown to be untruthful?

Quite the quandary...

biff17 likes this.
  15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Why just 'Believe' any of these people? Instead, look at all of the facts and information available. Turn your brain on and evaluate the situation and the circumstances for yourself. If you can, that is.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You, a trump-defender, writing this...

[​IMG]

Dubious likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have no particular reason to think Epstein's lawyers are morally compromised. But, I don't really understand why they want to make any statement at all about whether Epstein committed suicide or was murdered. Is there some impact on his estate if it is one or the other? Maybe a life insurance policy that doesn't pay out for suicide? Or are the political animals that want to feed the conspiracy junkies? Or, do they genuinely think he was murdered and are genuinely concerned there is a government cover-up? In normal circumstances, it wouldn't matter how your client just died so long as the estate will still pay your fees.

You can't really evaluate the evidence yourself because you haven't seen it. The broken bones, the cameras that didn't get footage, the conveniently incompetent gaurds -- you can't look at them or interview them. All your information is second-hand. All you can do is listen to the authorities whose job it is to investigate and decide if you believe them or not.

biff17 and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

No, that is all you can do. I can evaluate what I see and know, based on a lifetime of experiences, and assess that however I please. I am not just going to mindlessly 'believe' any of these people. That is what you apparently do.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neither here nor there.

I've been listening to a couple of Epstein backgrounds on podcasts that were released before his death.

One of his most notable characteristics appears to have been a sphynx-like inscrutability where nobody ever knew what he was actually thinking. Probably similar with a lot of people who are professional criminals, but "he wasn't acting depressed" doesn't stand up as a great argument for me based on what I've heard about him.

Also, he was big on mythologizing his back story, to where, for instance people believed he had quit Bear Stearns because he was so awesome and such a investment superstar, as opposed to have basically been fired for insider trading. He also had established a demonstratably false myth about being so awesome that he would only accept billionaires as clients at his firm, designed to polish his reputation.

Not sure if that would extend to caring about how people viewed his death, but it's not an unreasonable leap to imagine that he would prefer to have been remembered as a victim of byzantine plots by corrupt politicians to silence him as opposed to a sad loser pedophile who offed himself because he knew the jig was up.

To this day, everything he said about how he build his fortune appears to have been misdirection.

#719 Ottomaton, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    JuanValdez likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

Dunning-Kruger.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

Torn n Frayed and snowconeman22 like this.