1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Right Shoulder, Air Cupping Treatment

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets1995, Apr 19, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden must have a very sore shoulder, his right shoulder, he used to use sticker tape. 6 cupping spots on right shoulder hopefully he will be fine. Cupping treatment can really drain your energy as Toxins are removed.

2. theimpossibles1

He is so smart. Knew CP3 and 3pt shooting would bounce back. Get it done in time to recover for road games.

3. ballscientist1

Harden has worn kinesiology tape at various times throughout his career.

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I thought they were bruises!

I’ve never done that but I have done dry needling. Crazy stuff.

don grahamleone, amaru and BigShasta like this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

For a minute I thought he looked like Tom Hanks in the movie Philadelphia with the spots. I was going to curse out the stripper who gave him the HIVs...

alethios, BigShasta and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I wondering what those circles were. Looked like an octopus attack, in my professional opinion.

7. theimpossibles1

It's pretty popular with elite athletes. Michael Phelps did it for the olympics for example. I see it alot nowadays.

wireonfire and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Injury speculation threads >

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Cupping methods thousands of years ago used to be fire method inside the cup. Fire Spots take way longer to heal. Air Cupping is the best, it brings new blood to that area of soreness, healing naturally.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought those were bbw hickies.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was wondering what the hell that was. I thought maybe he went to the world's worst tattoo shop to get some faded basketballs tattooed on that shoulder.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Cupping is a popular trend...and isn't really supported by any evidence to actually be effective. I remember looking it up when Phelps had them all over his body.

Ubiquitin, BigMaloe, topfive and 3 others like this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Tape and now suction cups? Sounds like pseudo-scientific nonsense to me. But if he thinks it works for him, great.

Ubiquitin and justtxyank like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

gee... if only we had had a period of time prior to the playoffs when we could have let James rest and recover - without being of any detriment to our seeding... if only... smh...

amaru, saleem and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I wouldnt call it a trend, the Chinese have been doing it for many, many years. There has to be some kind of positive results to it or else athletes wouldnt have adopted it. This just seems taboo, for now, as Western medicine meets Eastern medicine. I personally have tried it to help with a horrendous hangover and I must say, my recovery time was cut by more than 50%. Im a believer in it.

tycoonchip and rockets1995 like this.
  16. durvasa

I'm sure some people have experienced positive results after trying it. That doesn't mean it works, but its enough for athletes to think it might work and try it in case it gives them some kind of edge. What do they have to lose?

17. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

All cupping is is using hot air in a cup and sticking it on your arm, and as the air cools it creates a low pressure area that forces blood to accumulate in one place, in theory, this increases healing time as it increases the amount of blood in that area.

18. durvasa

Is there a medical reason why increasing the amount of blood in the area would improve healing time?

19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

More blood flow = more oxygen, vitamin K, and proteins delivered to the wound, decreasing healing time.

tycoonchip, Houtho, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Improved healing is correlated with increased blood circulation, not necessarily blood pooling.