1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've grown to HATE James Harden's step back 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 9, 2019.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am so tired of seeing Harden wasting 23 seconds of the shot clock staring at his defender only to jack up an ill advised step back 3 after 3 the whole game. He might make some, but he doesn't have to do it the whole game, especially when you're clearly having an off night. CP3 had a stretch in the 4th that built us a 5 point lead and then MDA subbed him out. Harden went ahead and missed 2 step back 3s and the game was gone from there basically. It was infuriating to watch!

2. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Did this really need a thread? We live and die by the step-back three. His percentage on those is better than a wide open Austin Rivers 3. Honestly, our wings have been a big disappointment this year, otherwise Harden wouldn't be forced to ISO so much. This is what happens when your owner forces the GM of the year to shop at the Dollar General for players.

Williamson, sushimaster and hakeem94 like this.
  3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It’s not infuriating when he makes them.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Deckard, Blurr#7, gotsis and 3 others like this.
  5. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

the best shot in the game you hate funny

cp3 and Nene are washed up and taking up so much of the cap

we have proven to be a better team this year when cp3 was injured. we were like 16-5 without paul. he comes back and we are back to walking the ball up the court again

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

This question can be asked for 100% of the threads in the GARM, created after a loss.

Slam Dunk likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmm dumb thread number 1.

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

I don't know why Clutchfans is so aggressive when it comes to these takes. I posted this same thread after Houston choked that OT game against Brooklyn last month.

Our late-game execution is HORRIBLE. It takes us way too long to get into our sets and it results in step-back contested threes to beat the shot clock. This is so easily guardable in the post-season. If this is how we play in the playoffs I can see us eliminated in the first round.

10. macan

macan Member

did op also start that i've grown to hate james frauden thread before?

11. riko

riko Member

I didn’t see Paul in the clutch do anything while it was harden hitting step back jumpers or had a floater where Paul fuked up a layup when we were up 2 thanks to Hardens step back jumper Which resulted a fast break play by George where he got fouled and tied the game.Thanks to Paul holding the ball holding it for 23 seconds and then throw a air ball right at the rim. Stop being a Hippocrate

#11 riko, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    adw and hakeem94 like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, swyguy.

macan and hakeem94 like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Why is @ashleyem allowed to start a thread after EVERY SINGLE LOSS to tell us how pissed off she is?

14. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I love Clutchfans, I love the forum, I support it, Ive been a member since it began, I'm getting older sigh

the forum is just getting dumber as I age & I hate seeing it. Every year I think it cant get worse and it does....

YOU DON'T F-ING DESERVE JAMES HARDEN

sushimaster and Reeko like this.
  15. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Deported.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

To be honest, that looked like a foul on Harden for that last 3pt attempt.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

He sinks them at 40 percent. He should shoot them more not less.

It’s just we need to mix it up a little bit. Otherwise it becomes too predictable. Everyone knows what he is going to do, which make it so difficult to fight for rebound if he misses and you don’t want your opponents getting into sets that they know they can beat you with if you miss.

jordnnnn likes this.
  18. MD_in_Training

I would agree that the step back 3 should not be utilized at the end of tight games. The statistical truth that a 33% 3 pointer is the same as a 50% 2 pointer goes out the window when we are within one possession. If we are down by one, tied, or even up by one, it’s mathematically advantageous to take the shot of the highest percentage of going in regardless of the relative point per possession.

In other words, if you are down by one, would you rather take the 33% shot that lets you win by 2 or the 50% shot that lets you win by 1.

19. farhen

farhen Member

reliving the moment :p

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

James had an off night shooting. It happens. I’m more concerned about the utter lack of production by our bench.