1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its Time to Move On from all the Russian Collusion Nonsense

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Why in the US do we have the lowest number of Physicians per capita of any advanced country except maybe Australia??

Why are 1 in 10 Americans over 50 miles from a Doctor? Why is the average wait time to get an appointment gone from
    5 days to 21 days?

Because of the power given to administrative bureaucrats we have limited the number of Doctors able to practice in America.
    This is a PRIME example of governmental licensing power and allowing groups to wield this power and the effect it has on
    peoples ability to see a doctor which is also why healthcare costs are skyrocketing.

This is another area I can go very deep in.

So both your points are incorrect. Government has meddled to the detriment of consumers.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im not sure why you believe we have the lowest number of physicians per capita but that's s natural occuring phenomenon of requirements to be a doctor and size of country

We leave in a spacious country that's unique in size per capita and therefore all the citizens not close to healthcare

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Returning to topic...

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Really? It appears that you have a minimal understanding of the fiduciary rule.

The business of financial firms is sell high commissioned products (like annuities) and churn the account, making money on buys and sells. They still do this on non-retirement accounts.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just to refresh everyone's memories.
    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/07/politics/donald-trump-jr-full-emails/

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

7. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Due to the Fiduciary Rule if I wanted at my IRA at Merrill Lynch to buy (with a commission) a S&P 500 Index ETF which is low cost and hold it for
    20 years Can I do so??

No. I have to pay some financial advisor a fee of 1-2% a year or I'm forced to have them chip away my money over time.

In some cases buying something and HOLDING is better than the forced rotation required in advisory fee based accounts.

Again this is socializing outcomes and limiting those that can make good decisions because there are some unscrupulous people.

Its just government overreach at its finest.

8. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I love how this investigation is going. Its just comical.

No evidence that Trump COLLUDED with Russia before the election.

So now Mueller is looking at Obstruction of Justice to Obstruct the lack of a crime??

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly it's ridiculous. Technically you can obstruct an investigation even if youre not guilty of anything but the obstruction charge would be a stretch

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm really perplexed when someone states this.

Are you an active FBI agent by chance?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro if there was evidence we would know

Trump is making law. All that would have to be unwound. The FBI isn't going to complicate matters by delaying charges

12. fchowd0311

Bro, just because you state this, doesn't make it any where near the realm of reality.

Mueller just a week ago charged Flynn and requested Trump's Deutsche Bank account papers How the **** do you know anything?

So I ask again, are you and Rocketman active FBI agents?

If you are, I suggest you keep your mouth shut as I'm pretty sure your breaking some security clearance protocals by posting here.

Dude, are you seriously playing a shtick? It's really hard to believe you are being sincere here.

#132 fchowd0311, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So when people say things on message boards, does that mean they are automatically true? I just looked up doctors per capita. The UK, Japan, Canada, and South Korea have less. Russia and Cuba have more.

You are simply not correct. That may not matter to you though. Trump can do no wrong, even if you do not know the whole story. The investigation should be stopped regardless. And bureaucrats are ruining medicine in this country and also the world, correct statistics be damned.

14. fchowd0311

I seriously wonder if I have debated a single geniune conservative/right leaning poster or a bunch of people playing a shtick on this message board. The arguments have been so asinine and out of the realm of reality, it's absurd.

Are posters like pgrabiel and Rocketman actually hardcore leftists who want to show how absurd Trump supporter arguments are? They are doing a damn good job if that's the case.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The Flynn indictment has nothing to do with collusion

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I understand what you are saying. Someone like Bigtexxx is trying to be funny, and most of the time probably just trying piss people off. Rocketslegend is most likely angry and struggling in life with a low income, perhaps even a bit of a struggle in the dating dept. There are some angry liberals on here also, no doubt.

This RM1981 guy I agree with his points to an extent though. I also am here to try and learn from other people's point of view. Now that I am in graduate school, I am in learning mode again I suppose. It would be a mighty big waste of one's time to post 1000's of times and not learn anything from other people. Just my humble opinion.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It has been widely reported that he was given a lesser charge(s) than what could have been given. Clearly because he is helping with the investigation.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you know what questions were presented to Flynn about which he lied?

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

He was in the room when Mueller gave Flynn the deal.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If you want to manage your money, you do not want a Merrill Lynch account. Fidelity brokerage account would be a much better choice. This has zero to do with the Fiduciary Rule.

If you do use Merrill Lynch, they will make their money from either account transactions (buy, sells) or having a wrap account (which changes the % of AUM). Your choice. Neither is a good choice if you are willing to make your own investment decisions.

If you want to go the % of AUM route, hiring a RIA (who is bound to the Fiduciary Rule for both retirement and non-retirement accounts) is a better bet. They are likely to charge less than Merrill and likely manage your money better.