1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its Time to Move On from all the Russian Collusion Nonsense

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Dec 4, 2017.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That is a downright awful comparison. Were there adoption agencies being indicted for lying about a damn birth certificate? You can surely have your opinion that this will lead to nowhere and ultimately be a waste of time. To say though that it is a valid comparison about being born in the U.S. or secretly being a Muslim (all the while Obama giving the OK on killing countless Muslim civilians with drones while in office) is nonsense.

All the while calling someone an "old food" and a "idiot" You should really do a bit of self examination.

ALSO calling someone a conspiracy theorist?!? When this is all over the news in every single direction. How does that even make sense?? sheesh

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There have been 10 indictments...4 known and 6 sealed.

I know it hurts - but this is not a Nothing burger, this is a Porterhouse steak.

BONE IN !

DD

Deckard and No Worries like this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You mad, broseph?

I like "old food" though -- cutting, novel ad hominem. Question: how old am I?

If I am an "idiot" for following objective facts and not rushing to conclusions (unlike you, I'm waiting), then I'll wear your version of "idiot" proudly.

If this many indictments mean nothing to you, then you just don't really care much for your country. You just want to worship your party and narcissist in chief.

Mueller is not and never has been a liberal. He's an old school lawman, praised by both parties for years. Hannity and company can't change that, no matter how much false smearing they do.

Cheers. Don't be so mad, and broaden your input.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, that old food and his crazy conspiracy theories that are so well disguised because they are based on actual evidence and patiently waiting for an investigation to conclude before coming to any conclusions.

But what else would you expect from food that wasn't fresh and new?

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

6. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

First it was Comey's fault, then it was Voting Machine fraud, and now its this nonsense. Trump has caused such
    emotional insanity that most people can't see it. I think they more need to understand the angst in much of the country
    and open their eyes to more of what the US is facing.

This is not a Republican vs. Democrat issue but one about the system that doesn't like outsiders.
    Anyone involved with prosecutorial overreach and power of the government versus an individual knows
    what happens, they threaten to go after family, bankrupt you and such until you plead guilty to small
    charges and then try to get you to turn.

This is as crazy as the Birther fools (of which Trump as one) or the Obama is a muslim nonsense.

If there was pre-election collusion with Trump and Russia i'll donate $100 to the tip jar.

If people can't see that the entire establishment of elites in Washington, Media and Agencies want Trump
    destroyed than they are blind.

These guys had no idea they were going to win, had no plans or protocols in place if they did and probably made
    mistakes after the election due to naivete. Now whether we're going to explode on mundane Logan act rules
    when i'm sure most groups post election begin meeting with outside nations and such is just silly.

This is a terrible witch hunt and its bad for the country. It is any surprise the media continues to draw for straws here
    as do most the people in this forum. Just let the guy enact the policies he said he would do when
    he was elected. If people don't like them or him, he will get voted out.

Now the narrative will go to Obstruction of Justice over something that didn't happen. Laughable and ridiculous.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's not so bad. The Clintons survived it.

If anything, you should call Donnie and get him to lock her crooked ass up!

While he still can!

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

For the folks like this that are frustrated that Russia is causing chaos in the White House that is causing your agenda to not happen as smoothly as you wanted ... I have to keep reminding you guys... the special prosecutor was appointed by Trumps own hand selected deputy AG.

This is his own fault. Be mad at him. Stop blaming us or the “fake news” media. I know you are frustrated that your sides turn at power after 8 years of Obama has been an embarrassment, but it’s time to start acting like a grown up and give responsibility where it’s due.

4 indictments and 2 guilty pleas. You have a web of lies and correspondence between Trump officials and the Russian government. You have financial influence, and lastly you have crimes attacking our most important right we have left.

You want to be frustrated fine... but at least hold the people accountable who are truly to blame for this embarrassment and stop scape goating everyone else.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You bought into the deep state conspiracy theory.

Prosecutor overreach do happen and is a concern for Joe the plumber. For folks with an army of lawyers and in power, there is as much of a concern that they will get away with crimes. There is no evidence either way at this point.

There is no ground to compare an active investigation (fact: started by DoJ under GOP, started due to Trump own words and a clear appearance of conflict of interest) to conspiracy theories (birther, obama is a Muslim). Not even comparable to a political motivated investigation (GOP Congress going after Clinton).

Yes, they probably didn't think they would win. That isn't reason that they may or may not act illegally. It's wishful thinking and flaw logic.

There is no narrative, and it certainly did not NOW go to obstruction of justice. The investigation STARTED on the obstruction of justice. During the investigation, other crimes may be discovered, and they have been.

Your basis for killing an active investigation and ignoring the finding of it stands on conspiracy theories and flaw logic.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The liborons would like to MoveOn.org from Mr. Trump's presidency, but it's not going to happen for 7 more years.

11. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Maybe according to the media its been an embarrassment but in every administrative office in the country there is the largest
    scale reduction of government power in commerce in our lifetime.

Elimination of agencies, shrinking of government and reduction of governmental overreach has been the greatest gift to the
    real creators of wealth and opportunities in this nation. The tax bill will continue that.

I for one have been ecstatic with the changes made in the last year, the removal of burdensome and overbearing federal
    rules run by bureaucrats.

Every move is a return of power to the people and the freedom to make decisions on their own as consumers and as business owners
    and not under the dictatorial rules of federal agencies creeping into all facets of our lives in order to grow their employee and
    power base.

This is why even most Republicans hate Trump. They argue for things but in the end want their pockets lined and their
    special interests taken care of.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So much burden the wealth creators are experiencing the past decade to the point of having record breaking profits and emperically/objectively holding on to the most wealth in human history.

Poor wealth creators.

I'm sure children who inherit 22 million dollars are usually the type of people who turn the wheels of industry with their joke business administration degree they got at Brown through legacy admissions. I'm sure those type of people are the type of people who have a motivation to intellectually challenge their minds and actually do something worthwhile with their lives.

All this tax bill accomplished is containing the cycld of thousands of humans with no dicernable skills passing down more wealth based in the tax system and lobbying being in their favor rather than actually geniune innovation.

Also, you must be the most niave of all idiots to genuinely believe that Trump would do anything besides rubber stamping whatever the GOP Congress puts on his desk.

Many Republicans are outspoken of him because his lack of intelligence and tact is absurd for a president which makes it harder for the GOP to sell their ideas. They 100% already know that Trump will rubber-stamp ANYTHING the GOP puts on his desk.

#112 fchowd0311, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  13. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Honest question then. What issues do you think allows capital to move quickly from rich to poor?
    I like a fast moving capital flowing system that is not based on where people were born or what they
    inherited. The idea that teaching people not in these wealthy positions some nonsense liberal arts broad
    education having them borrow 10 years of income to learn next to nothing is not a solution as University prices
    have skyrocketed due to government (more genius ideas lol) guaranteeing terrible school loans.

I'm in complete agreement on this. But regulatory and administrative burden benefits those in business and keeps
    the new person from escaping their circumstances to break that cycle of poverty.

Think of the little girl who has been braiding hair since she was 5 years old and at 18 wants to start a business and
    do it for others. She has a skill she learned and a service she wants to provide. In most states she is required through
    governmental licensing to take 50 hours of classes at a Beauty College, spend thousands of dollars she may not have
    to pursue her dream because some governmental agency has licensing power over her field.

So instead she can't spend the few thousand so runs an illegal business or borrows thousands to do something she could
    do just fine before it.

These silly rules combined with governmental overreach creates higher costs for people with marginal income. Some green carbon law forcing utilities to use green wind solar makes power higher to those the least able to withstand rises in prices.

That is the power of governmental and administrative power overreach in America and why I believe Trump is at least making
    a dent in this area.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I...

What?

How is Trump making a dent here?

Are you speaking of the microeconomics concept of 'barrier to entry'.

Ya, I don't know a single Trump action that helped this. How is eliminating the estate tax for children who inherit more than 22 million dollars decrease the barrier of entry into industry?

The barrier to entry for a girl doing that type of business is high because corporations know how to mass produce the same thing she makes at a much cheaper cost per unit thus the market will always want the mass produced good besides rare circumstances.

Nook likes this.
  15. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Hair braiding is an individual manual service industry. There are no barriers to entry, no technology to braid hair.
    Texas actually limited the requirements but its an example of rules and licenses keeping people from starting businesses
    to raise their own circumstances.

Someone is not allowed to open many small businesses due to the overbearing nature of occupational licensure
    and regulatory burdens for 'safety'.

I'm actually not a fan of inherited wealth but barriers to entry for people to start competing businesses will
    do more for upward mobility.

16. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Much what Trump's appointees have done is to remove these burdensome regs in virtually
    every industry from restaurants to real estate etc. An example that now its not required any
    more for a small restaurant owner to list calorie counts which is a costly event.
    Also the fiduciary rule expands liability to financial advisors from doing transactions and not
    just money management and also increases compliance costs to startup firms.

Just gave two examples.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am not a doctor but I want to open a pain pill business. All I see is government obstruction.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

By all means, we should go back to when financial firms steered people‘s retirement funds into questionable investments.

19. conquistador#11

I'd just like to thank our president. I got an email that read," seasons greetings save 5 dollars on your next 200 purchase" from gilt.com. I like to think everyone is saying merry christmas and seasons greetings because of mr. trump and not because, well, it's close to christmas.
    that's my president!

merry christmas, people of the world. any hispanics?

Nook likes this.
  20. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

So If in 2010 i wanted to split my retirement Investment Account into 50% S&P 500 and the rest in shares of
    Apple, Facebook, Google and Netflix and pay a one time commission I would've been unable to have that
    IRA managed by many firms.

They instead based on the fiduciary rule would want to charge a fee of 1%-2% to manage my money and then
    to justify their fee would require some activity, buying and selling.

One would be much better off in the first scenario as nearly 90% of investment funds (without the advisor fee of
    1% or so) underperform a basic index let alone buying and holding securities.

So its a rule that sounds FANTASTIC, but in the end keeps people from choice.

Also as Investment firms cannot generate commissions they then must only take in larger accounts.
    In response to this and other rules in place most major firms Morgan Stanley, UBS, Merrill Lynch were
    not letting advisors take investment accounts (couldn't charge on them) under $500,000.

So in the case of the Fiduciary rule you've basically not allowed people with less than significant means to work
    with a financial advisor and in other cases of shrewd investors they have to pay management fees annually even
    though the financial benefit is not there?

Now you've started me on something that I can go pretty deep on but I think my point is made.
    That these generic statements of safety aren't always the case.