1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Time For Trump To Provide the Proof

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, that was another example of her claiming to be "Cherokee" in a cook book. I was showing that her claims of being Native was a big part of her life. It was what led her to tell Harvard that she was Native that led to them embarrassing themselves by calling her their first faculty member woman of color. I guess I didn't spell it out well enough for you the first time.

Anyway, it's clear that her entire lifetime full of telling people she was Native American was BS, her own DNA results confirm it. With less than one tenth of one percent Native, she's far less Native than the average American.....or as I said earlier, George Lopez is something like 90 times more Asian than she is Native American.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't necessarily have a low opinion of Trump supporters. I do have a low opinion of the politics of Trump supporters.
    I don't care what the average white American ancestry is unless it's relevant. It isn't. Warren's ancestry is relevant.

The long and short of it is that some people are amazingly riled by this revelation. I don't think it is substantial at all. It might be worth a mention but nothing more than that.

3. jcf

jcf Member

It is kind of relevant in determining what our country considers actual heritage.

If you are ok with Warren coming up with her own standard to suit her purposes, fine. But it isn't really defensible and the fact that she has significantly less Native American DNA than the vast majority of our citizens is certainly relevant.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Except she wasn't using her heritage to suit any purposes. She never brought it up on her own will in her Senate campaign and would probably never bring it up if it wasn't a GOP attack piece that claimed she used her claim to gain employment.

5. jcf

jcf Member

You keep saying that while ignoring that she filled out multiple university forms declaring her minority status. It benefitted the universities as she moved to increasingly prestigious institutions. If folks can put their views of Trump aside for a moment and view this is isolation, she is a liar.

6. jcf

jcf Member

With the poor judgment of releasing results triumphantly that prove she is a liar.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

Except she was hired as a law professor at UPenn listed as white/caucasian and THREE years later updated her status on a personnel database update.

So she was already a law professor at a prestigious university just by her white/Caucasian listing.

So wrong again.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/na...complicated/wUZZcrKKEOUv5Spnb7IO0K/story.html

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Yes. it was totally the GOP who forced her to take this DNA test and try to do a victory lap this morning.

She clearly had no choice but to bring her whole family in on this lie.....

It seems unbelievable, but Warren probably woke up this morning thinking 'today is gonna be an awesome day'. Similar to @adoo 's mindset when he made this thread. What an idiot. She does this to herself.

9. jcf

jcf Member

Read what I wrote again. I didn't say applications.

She at some point after declaring herself Caucasian began to declare herself to be a minority. (see a problem there?what caused the switch?)

Then, with benefiting the institutions she worked for re: their diversity programs, she moved to increasingly prestigious institutions.

Reading is tough, but details matter. Simply saying "wrong again" is not much of a debate or a discussion.

10. jcf

jcf Member

Sorry. In response to FChow's last post.

11. fchowd0311

UPenn law is as prestigious as it gets. She got in as a White Caucasian.

12. fchowd0311

Do you think she would ever mention it as a campaign edge if her GOP opposition never brought it up?

13. jcf

jcf Member

Uenn law is a good school. It is not as prestigious as it gets. Yale and Harvard come to mind. Have you been to law school? Where do these "facts" come from.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

She makes the claims below in interviews without anyone forcing her, so yes. Nobody is forcing this crazy bat to double down on these false claims. Also just the argument that 'the GOP made her lie and continue to make her lie' sounds dumb as hell.

This is cultural appropriation at its finest. Shes exploiting the struggles actual native Americans went through and claiming them as her own. Nobody forces her to do this.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’s top 10 in the country

16. fchowd0311

You are really splitting hairs between UPenn and Harvard when it comes to national rankings. UPenn law school is ranked number 7 by US News which is considered the most used school ranking list.

So she was hired to the 7th ranked law school in the nation as a professor as a White Caucasian.

7th nationally ranked law school is prestigious.

17. fchowd0311

What exactly is she lying about?

Is she falsifying tests? Is she stating she's part of a tribe?

Can you specify what she is lying about?

And answer my question. If the GOP from her senate campaign to more recently with Trump and his "Pocahontas" rhetoric didn't use it to attack her, would she ever have brought it up?

Like I said before, if she is going for a Presidential run and wins the DNC nomination, I hope the GOP concentrates on this for the full 1 year presidential campaign season.

18. jcf

jcf Member

19. jcf

jcf Member

"Increasingly prestigious".

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Going back to my story earlier. My grandfathers parents actually despised my grandmother because she didn’t have a birth certificat, and they couldn’t verify she was “pure”. I also think this is the reason my mother couldn’t be a daughter of the republic or something that all of the females on her fathers side were members of.

My mother’s a little insane so I have to take everything she says with a grain of salt.

... but Warren’s story sounds similar to mine honestly.