1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its been a ******* Pleasure

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da_juice, Dec 7, 2018.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

I thought awhile about messaging someone about this; but the interface didnt let me do it. So bullocks to anyone that complains about this thread. Let's be honest the hangout sucks anyway.

I normally don't like dramatic things (at least on CF; I'm very expressive IRL); anyway I couldn't find a thread to get this off my chest (and @DreamShook ) didnt help haha.

I have been a die hard Rockets fan since I was 8. I joined Clutchfans at around 14 or 15. I know @RedRedemption and others are around my age. I love all the bullshit and other stuff that happened. To quote @DreamShook :
    A lot of you guys have been there for me growing up; more than you all realize. Deiji gave me great insight into Israeli politics; and believe it or not I learned SO much about politics both international and domestic from the D&D (save postings from @rtsy) **** that guy.

I'm too incompetent/lazy to link them but a lot of you here in the Hangout helped me out a lot. I don't have the links but you guys helped me pick a college, get over a break up and cut ties with friends of mine, One of the things I love about this group (and I encourage it in the response) is the brutal honesty. A lot of you are like the virtual older brother I never had; so ****ing lay it on me. Maybe it will come in handy,

TL;DR I can't force myself to care about this team anymore. I've gotten a job in my field; I'm living my own life. But I won't be checking in like three times daily like I used to. But I do want to let everyone know that this has been a formative and even life-saving experience for me. I applaud and appreciate but also encourage @Clutch @Castor27 @Rockets2K . This forum helped me get through a lot of **** as a teenager, And even though it started as a forum for people from Houston keeping the Rockets in Houston; I'm eternally grateful that the only Rockets fan from Bergen County,NJ could get advice and make a ton of friends. Y'all shaped my development both personally and profesionally. This isn't a goodbye but more of an extended farewell; with the hopes that in a season or two that the Rockets are back on track (or that D&D turns into a platform of high Academia). In the meantime; it's been a pleasure. Next year, in rebuilt Houston!

Sláinte!
    - da_juice

2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You leaving ?

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I had nothing to do with this.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i know right...

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Just ghost man and show up every once in awhile. No need for a dramatic farewell. See you around when you change your mind.

mario_v, boomboom, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Pazole verde?

mario_v, Kruze10 and No Worries like this.
  8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Don't let the back door hit what the good lord split.

:D

Blurr#7 likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I get what you're saying but this thread is not needed.

I used to get upset at regular season losses like a little b**** but then once my personal life started to be more fulfilling I didn't feel that way anymore. Happens to a lot of folks here, and everywhere on the internet probably. It's life.

whag00, dachuda86, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Thoughts and prayers.

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Do I care about the Rockets as much as I did when I was 16? No. In fact I really only get to watch maybe one out of three games now.

You can have a life and still enjoy sports as a reprieve. And this is still the best forum on the internet so I don't know why you are leaving.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I feel like this after a good snort of cocaine or coffee.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Rocketslegend is well on the way to making D&D a academia stronghold and could teach you a little each day about how the works really works. Good luck with it.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

dachuda86 and Dmo like this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

why didn't you @da_juice put this in the Juice thread. This is juicy

btw: too bad we don't have a BBS group photo that topfive could edit throughout the year for fans who leave the team. like this..

[​IMG]

#16 heypartner, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

See you at the Crossroads.

[​IMG]

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

The hell is teetering on having a girlfriend? You stalking someone?

Eric Riley and fallenphoenix like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Obviously kidding my man!

dachuda86, CCity Zero and DreamShook like this.
  20. jcf

jcf Member

Ban yourself!