1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Issue with CarFax

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VooDooPope, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

Carfax and autocheck is stupid.
    Either they are missing info or they can possibly have the wrong info.
    Take it with a grain of salt.

CCity Zero likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This, and I've seen it more times than not sadly.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What was the first dealers higher offer at? Sorry if I missed that. And I agree with you completely, drive it for longer if you're not getting correct value, don't let those jackass dealers win, because they're sure as hell going to mark it up.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

First dealers offer was 21, second dealer (the one I now suspect was the one who made the 2 year old report) was 13. Seems like a big difference for a "report" and no signs of repair or damage.

5. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

So the dealer can report an unfounded accident claim and then "correct" the report after they bought the car from you?

Good thing I don't sell my used cars to dealers.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

True. story.

Got my car inspected one year and the technician wrote the mileage down wrong. The next year's inspection the technician wrote down the mileage correctly but was less than the recorded mileage form the year before.

Car Fax claimed later I turned back the mileage. FTW.

I did manage to get it sorted. I went to the DMV and had then delete the mileage record for the year in question.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice, yeah def worth a shot if that's a good price for you. I haven't looked at values but def don't get deal with the 13k bs

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Interesting... Thanks for the heads up, at least that's one way to fix a screw up from inspection