1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the world starting to turn against Bill Cosby?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Seriously. Gelatin pops are nasty.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Found guilty. :eek:

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

then there's this . . .

Bill Cosby claims he was imprisoned for his 'political beliefs,' compares himself to Martin Luther King Jr.
    February 13, 2019
    Bill Cosby in a bizarre statement released from jail insists he's exactly like Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela.

Cosby, who was sentenced to three to 10 years in a maximum security prison after being found guilty on three counts of aggravated indecent assault, released a statement through his representative on Wednesday saying he "will never have remorse" for his crimes. The comedian has denied allegations of sexual assault by dozens of women and was found guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his home in 2004.

Cosby said that a "low-life district attorney and a corrupt judge needed me guilty" because of their "political aspirations," also claiming that he was locked up because of "my political beliefs, my actions of trying to humanize all races, genders, and religions." Now, Cosby says, he has "a temporary residence that resembles the quarters of some of the greatest political prisoners," including Martin Luther King Jr., Mahatma Gandhi, and Nelson Mandela. "I stand upright as a political prisoner and I smile," he concludes. "The truth is strong!"

Bill Cosby says he is a political prisoner and compares himself to Martin Luther King, Jr., Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela in a new statement from his press representative Andrew Wyatt.

This statement comes following an equally strange interview Cosby's spokesperson, Andrew Wyatt, gave to NBC10, in which he said that, "despite the circumstances," Cosby finds prison to be an "amazing experience."

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tell him to keep his pants in in Jail.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Cosby ... insists he's exactly like Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela.
    _______

Not exactly.

VooDooPope likes this.
  6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Psshh, those guys weren't even funny.

Buck Turgidson, Jontro and VooDooPope like this.
  7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Damn, and here I thought he got convicted of three counts of rape, while skating on a ton more. Poor Bill...

Jontro likes this.
  8. Roscoe Arbuckle

Guess I'm ony of the few that can still see him being "not guilty."

Do I think he had sex with most of the women? Yep.
    Do I think he promised them a part in his show or a movie that he didn't follow through with? Pretty much.
    Can I see these women being jaded about it years later? Mhmm.
    Do I believe he gave them drugs? Sure.
    Do I believe he drugged them without their consent? Highly unlikely.

Why? He didn't need to. We are talking Bill Cosby in his prime and at his most famous. Dude's at that level can pretty much bang whomever they want.

As to why they all came out against him after all these years and all at once?" Media and society. Not hard to join a "metoo" movement when all you have to do is parrot another woman's accustions.

Sorry, kids. I prefer "innocent until proven guilty" and I just haven't seen any evidence other than hearsay. That isn't enough to convict.

BruceAndre likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Sounding guilty, acting guilty, looking guilty and then being proven guilty is a pretty solid standard as far as I'm concerned.

This is not someone you want to defend. So please don't, for your sake.

King1 likes this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Provide more evidence than hearsay or he said/she said...

I watch far too much Forensic Files to know this would never convict anyone if the public outcry wasn't as pervasive. I'm guessing you've never read "The Crucible."

11. Rashmon

You do realize there was a trial, right?

No Worries likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Good luck to Don QuiFatty on this particular windmill.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Based entirely on "he said/ she said."

Again, were it not for the witch hunt on social media, he would have not have been convicted.

I don't give two ***** if you think he did it, the proof simply wasn't there, and all of you know it.

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Gonna be Cosby's last pair when civil attorneys sue the pants off him.

16. SuraGotMadHops

Absolutely 100% agree with everything you say here. The guy has had a target on his back ever since he expressed his disappointment in the black community with his infamous "you'll spend $100 for a pair of shoes, but you won't spend $100 for Hooked on Phonics?" He was (wrongfully) considered a sell-out and the media has been after him ever since.

17. Rashmon

You must have really felt bad for ol' Chucky Manson who wasn't even at the scene of the crime. What a miscarriage of justice.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Someone is getting an early start.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It was proven in a court of law. Stop living in the past. Dude is a scumbag

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Did you completely miss his interview with Larry King years ago where he talks about how easy it would be to put roofies in a woman’s drink? Cmon man