1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the world starting to turn against Bill Cosby?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 31, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Im 20 and I grew up loving the Cosby Show... So this whole thing is crazy to me. But I'm glad he is going to see justice for at least some of what he has done. If 40 people say you raped them, you're a rapist. The only thing that sucks is that he is getting a slap on the wrist.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Cosby's legal team has been horrible - I think he fired his original lawyers then hired this new crew that thought it would be a smart idea to sue some of the women right as he is charged with a felony. There is no way this behavior wasn't known by people close to him -- I wonder if we will see some other stars brought down by this when they have to testify under oath.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SBDRwiSZSBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you didn't watch Fat Albert?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ez3LJTOGLTA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The '80s are the '50s now, we can't just assume all adults remember Hanna Barbera cartoons or Three's Company reruns unironically.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Picked the wrong time to go on the offensive
    but then again . . . . who knows their motives

I cannot care too much about this
    because a child was killed on video could not get an indictment
    but
    a he said She said behind close doors can . . . . .

this Justice Ssytem . . . . . .I cannot trust it

Rocket River

10. amaru

amaru Member

His comments a few years back regarding African-American naming patterns turned me off of him.

It's surprising that people are still defending this guy.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Jaelen Strong basically tweeted Cobsy was still a legend to him, there's good and bad to everyone, that's life.

And yes, he has since deleted it and apologized for "not wording it correctly."

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People confuse defending him
    and
    being in total dispaid over the 'justice system'
    and its 'selective' justice

I mean . . .videos cannot get an indictment in cases
    but this does???
    Charlie Sheen been boning with HIV FOR YEARS without protect or his partner's knowlegde. . .and he free . . .how is that not attempted homicide . .. he free
    7th Heaven dad admitted to child molestation . . . he free
    Roman Polanski - drugged and raped a child and ran . . .and he won a fricking Oscar and they were petitioning to have his charges dropped so he could pick the thing up in person . . .. . .

F*** Cosby . . . but damned if this system is NOT RIGGED

Rocket River

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Meh

Cosby has been getting away with it for several decades. No one would pay attention to the accusers and statue of limitations kicked in for most of them. If the system's rigged, it's towards the rich and famous.

Hell it took another comedian and NOT the forty plus accusers for people to pay attention and finally take notice.

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Don't disagree about the concerns with injustices you're referencing, but Cosby's probably the wrong hill to plant that flag on.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LA district attorney declines to file charges against Bill Cosby in 2 sexual assault cases <a href="https://t.co/gIlKDpizMR">https://t.co/gIlKDpizMR</a> <a href="https://t.co/N4pQfQADx0">pic.twitter.com/N4pQfQADx0</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/684882481032638465">January 6, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

That .gif paricles... Jesus. So disturbing!

:eek:

18. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

No joke. You can't plead the fifth in a civil case, particularly when you are the plaintiff. If I was the prosecutor on that case, I'd be on Cosby's deposition like white on rice.

19. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

i know people who are convinced that Cosby is being framed by the Jewish and White establishment because he tried to buy too much of NBC..and the Jew's and whites won't allow a black man to own big corporate media.

20. Nook

Nook Member

People support Bernie Sanders; nothing shocks me.

B-Bob likes this.