1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Clint Capela really the answer at the C position?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 13, 2017.

?

Is Clint Capela really the answer at the C position?

1. Yes- Its just preseason

155 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. No- Upgrade needed by the deadline

63 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He is a role player, he will have good games, he will have bad games, he won't be kept if a better option comes along, he certainly won't be kept in place of a star.

DonKnock, RudyTBag, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Super Game

22 and 17

3 steals 1 blk

Houstunna and roslolian like this.
  3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Really nice to see his game developing and having confidence putting the ball on the floor.

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

great game by clint

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That latter part is what amazed me. I don't remember that being part of his game in prior seasons. And not only did he put it on the floor, he finished. Imagine his number when he starts feasting off of passes from Chris Paul.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Part of Capela's problem with fans is he is so efficient you tend to miss his contributions

hakeem94 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He already has.

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m worried. I see no chemistry, like.....non.

Just wins (Capela 22 pts and 17 rebs)

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The refs completely change the way they call fouls when green is in the game. He isn't a good weak side shot blocker, he isn't a good post defender, nor is he a good perimeter defender.

They could have 4 players and a hologram of green playing, and there defense would barely suffer.

Green is a slightly faster version of Chuck Hayes, and as soon as he isn't on GS anymore, it will be incredibly obvious.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cousins looked good, he’s slimmed down...28 points, 10 boards, 7 blocks, and 3-9 from 3

let’s hope that Capela continues to play well to raise his trade value and the Pelicans continue to play poorly

How do people think Cousins would fare defensively against GS?

Hakeemtheking, RudyTBag and Deuce like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Capela's solid game against SAC is no surprise. Capela thrives going against undisciplined rim runners like WCS. Guys like Draymond Green or Steven Adams, LMA/Gasol etc, those are the guys Capela has to get better at playing against. Time will tell.

MorningZippo and BigMaloe like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cousins biggest problem is just "running back on defense" on transition. Usually lagging behind complaining to the ref. But aside from that, which is an issue, he is solid.

Cousins can move his feet to defend Draymond Green. The key though is that Cousins would be a huge problem for GSW/Draymond. GSW doesn't have many weaknesses, but "skilled big men" can cause them problems. A Harden or CP pick and roll with Cousins would be devastating. Cousins is probably one of the most obtainable (in theory) guys out there that could inflict the most damage to GSW.

DonKnock, Hakeemtheking and Reeko like this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

There is no question getting a guy like Cousins would make this team elite. A little time with Hakeem and Nene would make the guy flat out scary. He could also play with Nene in the front court at times against teams like spurs. Do we really have anything the Pelicans would really want that we can afford to give?

#153 tycoonchip, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree with everything u just said

I would love to see how GS would deal with a crunch time lineup of

CP3
    Harden
    Gordon
    Ariza, or Tucker, or Moute
    Cousins

if Capela continues to play well, then I think a package of Ryno, Capela, and the 2020 1st with some protection could get it done if Cousins lets it be known that he’d only re-sign with us

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, Boogie actually reminds me of Harden in some defensive situations, but if/when he's focused he's very good on defense. Now i didn't watch the game yesterday but having like 7 blocks and keeping Gasol at 6 on 18 shooting (and also fouled out) from the field is really impressive, even if it's just one game.

Also funny, watching the highlights in the video Reeko posted, and he kinda reminded me of a bigger/taller Melo lol

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Problem is other teams can easily beat that offer.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I said if he lets it be known that he’d only re-sign with Houston

Why would a team offer up much anything for a half season of Cousins if they won’t be able to re-sign him? Cousins value probably won’t even be that high to begin with, and if he lets teams know that he won’t re-sign with them then his value decreases even more.

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

John Lucas could help him a lot also.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Won’t work melo tried that and caved and knicks stood firm on not accepting our deal. Cousins could cave and pelicans can stand firm.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

How do u know it won’t work? What do u mean Cousins could cave? He’s about to be a free agent next summer. The Melo situation does not apply. If the Pelicans stand firm, then he can just leave next summer and they lose him for nothing. If that’s what the Pelicans want to do then by all means. If Cousins won’t re-sign with a bunch of teams, then they won’t offer up anything for him.