1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Insider Request] Top 10 Draft Steals that failed.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Zero2Hero, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Zero2Hero

Zero2Hero Member

2. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Not sure I get the concept.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Too early for Amobi? Or does he just qualify as a bust?

4. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

The concept is that they were steals in the draft and were really good but their careers got derailed for one reason or another. Mostly because of injuries or in the case of Matt Leinart because he was sitting behind Kurt Warner... the ageless wonder.

5. msn

msn Member

Matt Leinart's career didn't get derailed at all. He was sitting behind the geriatric superstar because he simply wasn't that good.

6. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I get that, but just because ESPN deems players future stars doesn't mean NFL scouts feel the same way. There's a reason these players fell in the draft to the point of being considered 'steals'.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm not sure I get it. If they fell in the draft, it was for a reason, right? It's not really fair to classify them as busts when NFL teams obviously didn't feel too strongly about them in the first place. Just because you or I feel that a particular player should have been taken higher doesn't mean that professional scouts are going to feel the same way. Sometimes when expectations aren't met, it isn't the player's fault......

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, certainly a more apt headline would be "Most hyped player who dropped to the shock of Mel Kiper and ended up sucking rather than prove his doubters wrong".

But it probably would be a little too convoluted for a ESPN article. :)

9. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

10. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

So does Rudy Gay count or are the fans still peeved about that trade.