1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injured Astros updates

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by body slam, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Springer out today but should be no big deal per AJ.
    Altuve just hurt on that play- should be ok- per Altuve

Yeah, sure, whatever. Our 3 best guys (headed into the year) are seriously banged up
    My bet is Altuve has a meniscus tear and gets surgery about 10 days after the season ends.
    Springer won't feel right until Christmas with the thumb. Perhaps surgery incoming on a ligament.
    Correa scares the **** out of me b/c back could be anything. My hope is he doesn't touch a weight or do jack crap from end of the year to new year and then is very careful and very intentional about training and working that area.

These are guys in their athletic prime- so it's sort of buzzards luck. If this walking mash unit wins another world series I won't even have the words for it this year. I love all those guys. Gamers with extra large juevos.

2. Buck Turgidson

As far as Correa goes, he's either ok or he's not. There's no rest or surgery that can fix him until the offseason.

The other 2, that's a whole different story.

All 3 can play through it until they can't. Fingers crossed.

3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Oh, I agree completely on Correa. He won't get right until the offseason no doubt. I was more talking long term prognosis- his is the only injury that scares me going forward in projecting out their careers. I'm hoping it's muscle, not disc, and that R&R for 2 or 3 months and he's good as new. Hoping.

4. Buck Turgidson

Let's try and win this one, huh? I absolutely know what you're saying, though.

I'll worry about next year in December.

mikol13 and Nook like this.
  5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

And that's what the guys are all trying to do. And they are all going to try their best. And I'm not betting against them (I just bought season tickets for 2019 so that I could guarantee playoff tickets for this year- lets just say that if the Astros make another WS that will be a monumental win for me and I'm very invested emotionally and financially in this team), but it's a hard road to hoe at all times, but with all those guys struggling physically, tough stuff.

desihooper and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Add shoulder (Springer) to the injury list.

Hinch says he's day-to-day and could be in the lineup tomorrow, but remember, the Stros can't be trusted with injury reports.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This team has consistently been on the side of caution when it comes to injuries. That is, letting them heal and not letting them play hurt.

With Correa, if he is hurt, why is he playing? If he is not hurt, why is he saying his back is an issue?

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Correa is the only major concern with me.

Altuve and Springer haven't performed at the level you expect, but they've had good AB's and hard outs. Altuve had that nasty 0-18 at the beginning of the month, but he was great before, and after, so it hasn't just been one big struggle since he came back. Springer's OPS is over 800 since he came back.

Correa has just shown no signs. If he's not hurt, that might be even more alarming.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I bet it’s all mental. Defensively the guy has been better than ever in his career. Fantastic range, great speed and a gun on his arm. No one with back issues can move like that. But with hitting he just seems content to hit singles the rest of the year. Not even skying balls far in the outfield anymore.

10. HTM

HTM Member

Any word on LMJ? I didn't see anything recent via the Google.... time is running out..

11. Buck Turgidson

He's been throwing many bullpens. He'll be a reliever in the Postseason, if it all works out that way.

HTM likes this.
  12. HTM

HTM Member

Cool. Do you know if we should we expect to see him before the end of the RS in any role?

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well, that might just do it for him this season. They should just shut him down until the playoffs start. If you're going to rest him for his back, 3 days ain't gonna do it.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

This is a really bad thread bump. Just start a new thread - I read the tweet here after seeing Correa wasn't in the lineup today and nearly had a heart attack as I thought the back issues had returned.

18. Buck Turgidson

HA! Didn't notice that when the thread got bumped. That is pretty cruel for that the be one of the last posts on a day when Correa's not playing.

I do like the idea of keeping all of our injury-related stuff in one place though.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  19. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member