1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Improving our bench

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Shark44, May 12, 2018.

1. Major

Major Member

No one here has based it on 6 weeks.

I have been one of Gattis' biggest defenders the last few years and have repeatedly argued to keep him - it's just based on the idea that his bat has value as a versatile Catcher/DH. He has negative value to this team as a pure DH, because his bat isn't good enough (made worse by the crazy splits) and it wastes a roster spot by having to carry a position player that can't contribute anywhere on the field. He's the anti-Marwin if he's a DH-only guy.

raining threes likes this.
  2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yep you are right on the money there

What I’m saying is, a guy that has had an OPS close to a thousand last year and close to 900 the previous, and with less than 5 million total compensation left, wouldn’t require us giving up prospects for someone to take him

Thankfully Luhnow is smart enough for none of this to matter anyway

I’ll bow out of this conversation now as I’m on my own and no one is gonna change their view

raining threes likes this.