1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ignore Feature

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Band Geek Mobster, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Band Geek Mobster

Any chance the ignore feature could be fixed so it's like the old version?

The new ignore feature kind of sucks because you can still see threads created by the person on your ignore list.

So is there any way to fix that so people won't be forced to see threads started by the people on their ignore lists?

Also I think it would be kind of cool to have a top 10 ignored list, where we can see who's ignored the most on the bbs...:)

And maybe this top 10 list could branch out into a Survivor like game where after a few months, the #1 ignored person gets banned. "The Ignorers have spoken."

I think those ideas would be awesome, then again, I'm probably just a mean guy...

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I guess that makes me mean too cause i think that idea rocks. However you may be one of the top ignored users :p. BTw i am extremely qualified because i have exactly 0 people on my ignore list.

CK

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

At the risk of me being in the top 10 :)D), I think BGM has finally gotten a good idea. Not sure about the whole banning thing, though...

4. Band Geek Mobster

Yeah, a ban might be a little rough, but I still think a top 10 list would be very funny.

5. B

B Contributing Member

I think I like still being able to see a thread created by someone on my ban list. I wouldn't want to miss the potentially decent replies in the thread. Maybe you could have an option to block posts, and block posts and threads created. To be honest though I don't have anyone on my ignore list, so I guess it's not a big deal either way to me. I would be interested in a top 10 ban list also, just for kicks.

B

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Ignore Lists-- how very American!

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

imo, there is no longer an ignore feature.

I used it the way I use it in chat, to clear out the clutter so it is easier to follow threads I want to read...so they don't drop off to page 2, for instance. To me, it is not about ignoring posts inside a thread; it is about eliminating the threads from the thread list.

Now, it's like being in chat and IRC printed "Turn28 has said something, but he's on your ignore list."

it's like...quit printing that already. grrrrrrr oh well, no biggie.

8. Band Geek Mobster

Yeah it's not THAT big of a deal, I don't even have anyone on my ignore list. I was just testing it out the other night and noticed the change.

Is it even possible to compile a top 10 ignored list without much difficulty?

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I'm probably number-one on that list.

So, has someone else been using the "Turn" nickname crispee?

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Did anybody say something? :D

11. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

bad idea.

ill get low self-esteem if i see how many people ignore me.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Can anyone see me....:confused:
    Well, at least my typing is getting better. :)