1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you received a Flu shot this year, you're SOL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LonghornFan, Dec 13, 2017.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

We've sent 4 people here in the office to the DR to be examined for the flu. All four came back as positive and highly contagious. All 4 also received the Flu Shot. They're also saying this could be one of the worst flu outbreaks we've seen in decades so prepare to die.

Flu-pocalypse? Doctors brace for devastating sickness season due to ineffective shots
    • US doctors are bracing for a miserable winter because of ineffective flu shots
    • Australia's vaccine was only 10 per cent effective toward the H3N2 flu strain
    • Doctors believe 'there's a good chance' the same thing could happen in US
    • One doctor explained that the virus 'mutated a bit' as it was being developed
    • Despite concerns of a bad winter, doctors are encouraging folks to get a flu shot- WTF???

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...u-season-ineffective-shots.html#ixzz51AIVVd7V

DudeWah likes this.
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Both my parents, several friends, and coworkers have all gotten then flu despite having the flu shot.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I can't even count how many times people I know go the flu shot, only to get the flu shortly afterwards. I NEVER get a flu shot and I hardly ever get the flu *knock on wood*.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I got a flu shot last year and did not get the flu.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

shastarocket, Sajan, JeeberD and 2 others like this.
  5. Poloshirtbandit

My doctor told me not to get a flu shot last year due to a family medical condition. I haven't gotten one in years so wasn't a big deal to me.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The way it works is they pick the likely strains. You should still get the shot, the elderly and young are most at risk, and what we worry about is the secondary staph pneumonia that can develop and be deadly.

7. LonghornFan

My X-Wife and I both had walking pneumonia back in 2013. I've had the Flu once, but the walking pneumonia was 1000 times worse. We were bed ridden for over a week, and the symptoms lasted for it seemed like a month. Trying to breath just hurt, and we had ZERO energy to do anything. We just laid in bed waiting for certain death.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Flu shot is a crapshoot, but if you don't get it because it has a 40-60% failure rate, you're an idiot and you will curse yourself when you're doubled over shooting liquid out of both ends of you body and shivering uncontrollably.

Hakeemtheking, Sajan, CDrex and 3 others like this.
  9. LonghornFan

So, Saturday mornings at LonghornFan's is bad? For the past 20+ years I thought it was just normal.

DudeWah and B-Bob like this.
  10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I believe you sir. My family swears these vaccines are contaminated.

SIL

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Count me as having received the flu shot most years and never gotten the flu because of it. Everybody is different. This is always one of the dumbest arguments.

And the vaccine won't prevent flu 100% of the time, but chances are if you do get the flu the symptoms will be much less severe. I had it a couple of years ago after vaccination and all I had was a bad sore throat, no fever or other symptoms. Tamiflu knocked it out a day or two later.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Same. Have never gotten a flu shot or the flu and I'm not young.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Get your flu shot.

You don't want the elderly like Deckard to get sick and you don't want those with a weakened immune system like bigTexxx to end up in the hospital.

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I got a flu shot, and I didn't get the flu, but now I can instantly provide the exact count of matches spilled from a box onto the floor. I'm also rich from blackjack.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The flu shot is based based on their guess of what the new flu will look like. According to CDC it lowers your probability of getting the flu between 40% and 60%. However nature is always finding new ways to kill you.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There's no correlation between getting a flu shot and not getting the flu. NEXT.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve never had a flu shot in my life...I also can’t rememeber the last time I had the flu

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I received a flu shot...then got the flu 2 months later this year. First time in awhile the shot was not effective.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

@LonghornFan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They force you to get a flu shot in the medical field