1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the rockets had Homecourt advantage vs the suns in a playoff series, can we win?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Apr 16, 2007.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

I saw the game tonight, both yao and tmac were awesome and our roll players also did very well. Yet we still were barely able to win at home. Suns a tough nut to crack for the rockets, but I think with HFA we could probably take them at a 7 game series if every player plays their ass off and tmac and yao does what they do best.

2. wilsonliu

wilsonliu Member

no we cant.
    we played our best game tonight, and yet won by only 3

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am just happy about tonight, but man that team is SOOOOO good....we had to rebound like NUTZ and score 120 points and barely held them off.

Scary good.

DD

4. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

if CD retires everygame

maybe we can pull it off

5. devin23

devin23 Member

I don't think the suns is the BEST team. One of the best sure. Dallas and Spurs better in my opinion, but we play better vs dallas and spurs with a full squad then we do with the suns. They just are matchup nightmare like everyone says BUT, if tmac plays great and scores like tonight, they won't want to front and back yao like they always do to diminish his game.

6. johnrox

johnrox Member

pointless question in my opinion

7. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

exactly..don't get carried away people..asking tmac/yao to repeat a perfomance like this every night is impossible. this was like a game 7 type perfomance by our duo. the only way we can sustain this kinda momentum is our role players score a lil more and give a lil rest to mac/yao.

8. devin23

devin23 Member

Its called a debate, troll.

9. Northside Moss

Let's just hope that someone eliminates the Suns. Quickly.

2-7 faces 3-6 in second round right? Go Spurs go if that's the case; the Rockets played the best game of thier seasons (or at least one of the best, I still can't get over that 50 point win) and still only ended up winning by 3.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think they are a matchup nightmare for our players, but more a nightmare matchup for our system.

DD

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

but its a moot point...

i mean we can debate whether or not we can beat the Suns if we meet them in the playoffs later this season, but why ponder something we cant have (homecourt against the Suns)

what we can do is speculate how we will get out of the first round with ease, play the Mavs with heart and guts, and let destiny take us the rest of the way :D

#11 across110thstreet, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  12. solid

solid Contributing Member

"Scary good" is an appropriate term for the Suns. Clearly they could win it all. I have never seen a team with so many shooters. It is like they score everytime down, just blows my mind.

13. YAO&MAC

YAO&MAC Member

Not really sure... but we will go for yes...

coz after you see the #s our duo produced, it always goes to be a hope. :D

I am still living in the dream of tonites game. :D

14. lustdog

lustdog Member

It may sound like old JVD talk at a exciting moment like tonite. Our defense sucked tonite. Well, afterall, they are THE suns. But the Rox without D would be terrifying for me to think about. How many times do u expect the duo to put up a combined 70+ pts game?

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We can beat them without home court advantage. Hopefully we'll get the chance next month.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think the Rockets CAN beat anybody. The odds are against them facing Phoenix, because they are the worst matchup for the ROX. Phoenix pushes the pace and relies mostly on outside jumpers. The ROX like to play their half court D and pack the paint.

17. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

if our two stars are at the top of their game, there isnt anyone we can't beat

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

no we cant. we played our best game today and the suns played their C game. nash and amare played for only 30 mins. they didnt even try to run up and down the court.

19. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

you mean that phoenix did not play a great game and the rockets played their best game?hmmm i don't think that the suns shoot so well all the time.their fg% were off the chart today it doesn'thappen every night.

20. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

you mean c game =shooting 57.3% from the field?