1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Jeffrey Dahmer Had Been A Right Wing Pundit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gifford1967, May 30, 2005.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't get it.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Just chew on it for awhile...

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im pretty sure this is "satire".

this particular piece is using humor to point out the perception of conservatives as being so brainwashed that they would even support a monster like dahmer and his calling for eating liberals, simply because he is pushing an anti-liberal agenda (if you believe eating liberals is anti-liberal, that is).

for me, it is amusing simply because it is so rediculous. dahmer was a libertarian, everyone knows that!

legalize cannibalism!

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are a lot of things here. One is the fact that people will use fighting against liberal PC as a reason to excuse such things as racism. The conservatives will sometimes use any complaint against racism or homosexual bashing as people just being PC and not address the issues.

Another thing is that Conservatives will dismiss Al Franken's well researched material and try to lump it in as a flip side to the coin of Ann Coulter's lies, and unresearched material. Al Franken is certainly biased, but he does deal with facts unlike Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity who often do not. But conservatives again will just write him off by saying the truth is in the middle or that he and Ann Coutler do the same kind of commentary just for different sides.

It shows a propensity of of conservatives confuse tough talk with telling it like it is, even when the facts are missing or conclusions aren't realistic. That is why you will see right wing talk show hosts lashing out like they do, and people confusing that with them have the courage to speak what everyone else is supposedly thinking.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oh, OK. Now I get it. Sort of like saying if osama bin laden were a democrat....well, that would really be crazy.

Man, that's really hilarious.

8. Zion

Zion Member

"Is he kidding....or just hungry"

LOL :D

9. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Gifford, that was hilarious!

10. RocketMan Tex

Lighten up, Francis.

"If any of you touches my stuff......"

11. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Gracias

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just checked on several of these comics I missed. I was a fool for missing them. They are consistently funny, and their message is nearly always on the money. The one about the credit card bankruptcy bill in congress was hilarious.

13. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Yeah, This Modern World is great.

This was one of my favorites-

[​IMG]

14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

This deserves repeating. Al Franken is decidedly liberal, but he doesn't lie or fabricate evidence, everything he does is well researched and exhaustively documented, he does do some stretching to make his analogies fit, but at least he is honest, a claim that Coulter, O'Reilly, Hannity, and Limbaugh cannot claim.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Moreso than the validity of the claims put forth by right and left wing pundits, I believe this comic is skewering the tactics used by right wing pundits such as Coulter over their substance.

For instance, every time I see Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, or Limbaugh talk about Liberals, it's always how we love terrorists, and hate america, etc etc blah blah.

Every time I see Michael Moore or Al Franken talk about conservatives, the worst I see them get is claiming that conservatives are "out of touch", they do hammer a VERY FEW conservatives on being war exploting profiteer mongers, but their overall message is always centered around a theme of "conservatives aren't the enemy, their ideals have merit, but they are misguided by their current leadership in these troubling times."

The comparison between the attacks from the right and the attacks from the left pundits is like comparing a stick of dynamite to a firecracker.

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yet another indication of the political divide in this country. most conservatives know that rish, hannity, and coulter are clownish blowhards, albeit in the latter case a CBILF, but hey, they're fun! whereas, to liberals, franken, krugman, et al are prophets. you need to accept that pundits on both sides make their livings amping up the volume, distorting the truth. enjoy them for what they are.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It seems hard to believe that "most conservatives know" when that lot of conservatives always end up with killer ratings and best selling books.

Unless all those people read/watch/listen purely to be entertained.

18. RocketMan Tex

I think you are completely off the mark. If this is the case, why do Conservatives parrot their "blowhards" incessantly? Because it's fun?

On the other side of the spectrum, I see Franken as a clownish blowhard who is fun. Krugman, to me, is a columnist who is interesting to read about 75% of the time, but I definitely would not consider him to be a "prophet".

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Sure sure. But the real question is-- where can I view more of the comics?

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

www.salon.com

go to the comics section.