1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want to get off Mr Trump's Wild Ride

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The rhetoric coming from Trump and his surrogates is uncomfortably un-American. Even if he loses our country has shown it is willing to turn down a very dark path with little to no recourse.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...n-an-isis-type.html?via=mobile&source=copyurl

Trump’s NY Chair: Khan Doesn’t Deserve ‘Gold Star’ Title

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/donald-trump/article95144337.html

Trump: Americans could be tried in Guantánamo

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/donald-trump-pennsylvania-hillary-clinton-226978

Trump: Clinton will only win Pennsylvania if 'they cheat'

http://latest.com/2016/08/trump-cal...-places-to-stop-hillary-people-from-cheating/

TRUMP CALLS ON VIGILANTE SUPPORTERS TO PATROL POLLING PLACES TO STOP HILLARY PEOPLE FROM ‘CHEATING’

http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/08/yes-the-system-is-rigged/

YES, THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED
    Pat Buchanan to establishment overlords: 'When do we have our American Spring?'

#1 Ubiquitin, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This trump obsession is also outrageous and wild. Why is this a new thread?

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While its true that the OP could have posted this in the Trump thread, its odd you think creating a thread about Trump's insanity is considered "trump obsession"... since this is a discussion group about politics and Trump is the republican candidate for President. Since he says insane things virtually every day, there is an almost endless source for new posts... :grin:

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't see how any sane person votes for this buffoon.

The only way it happens is because people listen to the smear tactics against Hillary (not that she's a saint), and feel he's the lesser of two evils. In that case, don't vote.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It certainly seems like Trump has done almost everything possible to lose the election yet according to polling this isn't a blowout. That does speak to Clinton's own weakness but it also does show that there is a very significant portion of the population that not only supports Trump but believes with and agrees with what he says even when he contradicts himself.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

~30% GOP base fully support Trump
    ~70% of GOP base want to support Trump, and a huge majority of them will anyway

Maybe < 10% of non-GOP will support him

If party identity is not involved, I suspect he would lose 70% to 30%. Since party identity is involved, it's closer to 50% to 45% with 5% going elsewhere.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think I'm surprised or amazed anymore by the bigoted, hateful, and un-American things that Trump says. The next time he says something won't be any different than the last 20 times he said something crazy/dangerous/un-American.

What I am very interested in, is how Trump's supporters agree with him and support him when he says things that go directly against our constitution. He's issued statements advocating policies that go against the first amendment with freedom of religion. His statement about subjecting American citizens to military trials in Guantanamo and stripping them of the protections of the American constitution is also un-American.

I'm interested why people will still support a candidate that holds those positions.