1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I lost my wallet, what should i do??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketblaze, Oct 25, 2009.

1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Okay so today I was at the memorial city mall, in Houston, TX and lost my wallet but I didn't realize i didn't have it on me until I got back home, and it was to late to go back given that they had already closed!!!!...and I have my freaking SS# & Drivers License in there, plus some cash that i really don't care about, I already tried calling but there closed...and I already send an E-mail to there Lost & Found......now that I realize I kind of know where I lost it (it was on the massage chairs in front of target around 7-8pm to anyone familiar with the mall), so I'm going first thing in the morning or when ever they open......but in case I can't find it, what should I do?

PS. Has anyone ever dealt with memorial city mall lost & found department!?!

I'm seriously stressing, has this ever happened to anyone else!??

man i feel like such an IDIOT, ugh!!!!! :(

2. Ashes

Ashes Member

I lost my wallet once. Had to cancel my debit card and my credit card. Big hassle.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Call your banks and credit card companies?

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

By SS# I assume you mean your Social Security card. I hate to be harsh because I know you're stressing, but you made a huge mistake before you ever lost your wallet. Never keep your SS card on your person unless you need it for an employer or something like that.

Now, to answer your questions, I think you should go there first thing in the morning and look on, in, and around the massage chairs. If nothing turns up, I would check with the stores in the immediate area and see if they have it. There are many bad things about losing your wallet in a mall, but one of the best things is that there is no shortage of nearby places someone can take it if they happen to be a good samaritan.

If you've had no luck at that point, then I'd go to the lost & found department. That's the one place that, if it's there, it's probably safe. So that's why I'd check other places first, as time is of the essence.

At this point, if you don't have your wallet back then you need to make a list of everything that was in there and call any credit card companies that you have an account with and let them know what's up. Then prepare to go stand in line at the DPS for 8 hours. As for the SS card, try here.

Good luck. Losing important things in public places is a drag.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Also contact one of the consumer credit report agencies (equifax, transunion, or experian) and put a security freeze on your credit. The one you contact will alert the other 2.

Also, you can request a replacement DL online and have it sent via mail. But if you're going to request a DL# change, you'll probably have to go to the DPS.

#5 v3.0, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  6. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

And thats why I put my wallet in my side pockets. Good luck finding it dude.

7. YaosDirtyStache

you should probably go find it!

8. Landlord Landry

cleverly disguised "I have enough money to not care about a lost bundle of cash" thread.

j/k. good luck, I have been through this more times than I'd like to admit

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

So what happened?

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Dude, I'm so freaking lucky they had it at Lost & Found.(I think one of the cleaning ladies found it and turned it in)

But your right i will never again carry my SS card with me again, man I'm just so relieved :D !!!!!

-rocketblaze

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Congrats man. Good for you

12. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

You should pay whoever picked your wallet and handed it to L&F all the money in your wallet. Or at least write a thank you letter.

13. DreamRoxCoogFan

sorry but carrying around your SS card is one of the worst ideas ever. glad everything turned out okay for you.

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

You forgot standing in the line at the DPS

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Because your ID and SS card were not in your posession for a while, I'd still call up the credit agencies and put a security freeze on your accounts, even though you got your wallet back. You can request that a signature is required for any credit check, I think.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm in the Heights, should I evacuate?

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I know this doen't help, but I live in Austin and lost my wallet twice in a month with cash, cc's, ss, ect., and both times had it returned with cash, cc's, ss, ect. intact, unbelievable. :D

18. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Not to be a complete a-hole, but let me help you with something else...

# Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete ("over there by the building") or more abstract ("it must be difficult to live there").

* There is an antique store on Camden Avenue.
    * The science textbooks are over there on the floor.
    * There are many documents that are used in investigations

# Use their to indicate possession. It is a possessive adjective and indicates that a particular noun belongs to them.

* My friends have lost their tickets.
    * Their things were strewn about the office haphazardly.

# Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. It can never be used as a modifier, only as a subject (who or what does the action) and verb (the action itself).

* Hurry up! They're closing the mall at 6 tonight!
    * I'm glad that they're so nice to new students here.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if you find a wallet and turn it in to the store's manager, are you allowed to keep the (or some) cash as a finder's fee?

I found a wallet in the parking lot of a CVS. I noticed that it had some cash and shamefully, i thought about taking it before turning it over to the store's manager. Then i say the guy's DL picture (older gent) and felt guilty so I left the cash.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What? No comment on his use of "to"? :)