1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know it's controversial but it has to be said. Chris Paul is better than James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kadoz, Oct 6, 2017.

1. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

The most you can say is that Chris Paul is a truer point guard than Harden. Harden isn't really a PG at all so it's not even a fair comparison.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

LMAO! YOU are the guy that keeps tagging ME and revisiting the topic! LOL! I've never tagged you.. but you've tagged me at least a few times out of the blue...

I'm optimistic about the upcoming season... I think CP3 will do wonders for Harden... Check both threads about Harden winning MVP this coming year - in both I say he has the skills and would be my odds on favorite to win it...

I come to this board to have real talk about my favorite team... I'm not some swyyyguy who just tries to stir the pot... I'm not some unrealistic hater who just bashes for the sack of bashing... but I'm also not some homer that puts on blinders and ignores any issues that exist (such as the last non preseason game we played) and makes over the top declarations while avoiding any mention or acknowledgement of shortcomings....

If you are that distressed by my truths... there is an ignore option... jus sayin....

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Your “truths”, in our exchanges at least, have been 3 things that I recall.

Your disdain for our abundance of 3 point shooting. I believe you called it not real basketball. Something along the lines of it not being viable to winning.

Wrong.

Then it was basically being one of the captains of team Dwight.

Wrong. So very wrong.

And then a lot of your takes on Harden. Not all, but most.

My favorite as I’m sure you know is your “truth” that no superstar guard would willingly come play with Harden.

Wrong again.

I like to tag you to remind you that sometimes the “blind homer fool” has turned out to be right in the past.

Drogba likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

since that, here are the facts

Morey extended harden to a total of 6 year max
    CP3 joined Harden
    Morey got rid of PBev for CP3
    Morey signed Tucker and LMM and Black (because we were thin at the front court when Nene went down)
    Morey tried his best to trade RA for Melo

truth of the matter: the roster around Harden was the issue. not harden.

Exiled likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Says the YOF/LOF troll

6. Progs

Progs Member

Cp3 is better than Harden yes. If not for Josh Smith heroics, Harden would've never made a WCF. CP3s leadership gives him the edge on Harden today. Harden has also flat out quit many times.

7. kjayp

Dude get up off that... I'm a ROF - ROCKETS only fan...

I'm a white guy living in Las Vegas who grew up in Houston from ages 8-16 - which is when I became a Rox fan... in the days of Moses Malone and Phi Slama jama... family moved to Cali when the oil industry went in the toilet... I moved to Vegas a couple years after the Northridge quake in Cali...

I've been on CF since 2006... find ANYTHING where I've expressed that Lin is all that - you aint gonna find it... closest thing u will find is I didn't like that we gave up a 1st rd pick just to move him and then didn't get Bosh... Lin is average to below average...

Yao otoh I do have respect for... seems like a real good and humble guy who gave his all... I wish he didn't have the injury issues that he did...

I'm sorry that you can't accept that a real Rockets fan would take issue with some of Harden's behaviors...

but if u want to go throwing labels around... I would figure u r a HOF and not a true Rockets fan...

8. SAT Prep

SAT Prep Member

It does not have to be said because it does not matter, right or wrong.

9. kjayp

Have I or have I not posted on at least 2 occasions that I was incorrect in saying no good guard would want to come here? Unlike the blinder patrol - I will admit when I am wrong... how many on here can say that?

In my defense... the remarks you like to key on were in the midst of the **** show that was the 15-16 season... where everything was crap! No leadership (from anyone), constant drama and nothing resembling a team effort... As top dog, I heaped a good amount of blame on Harden - but there was plenty to go around...

I didnt like how D12 was getting frozen out of the offense... I felt we needed a more balanced attack... you didn't... how'd that work out for us?

Further, at the time, I was told how my criticisms of Harden were wrong and what more could be expected from him... well the next season he certainly stepped up well beyond where he had been the year before - so I guess he did have room for improvement... he moved the ball around much better last year than in the previous year where he would bring it up and nobody else would touch the ball before he launched...
    Last year he had a phenomenal regular season... find any complaints I had for him last year during the regular season.... defense wasnt great but it was reasonable... turnovers were still a factor... but overall he certainly had a great regular season...
    Then the post season came along... you'll forgive me that game 6 (the last game the team played that counted) still leaves a bad taste in my mouth... yet, I've said he's the favorite to win MVP this year - twice...

I never said 3ball couldnt win... obviously it was bread n butter for GSW... but I still dont like it... I'd much rather see a balanced inside/outside flow than a 3 point competition... sorry for having an opinion...

10. kjayp

and for the record... my yardstick for how a 'superstar' should carry himself... is Hakeem Olajuwon... if Olajuwon wouldn't have done it - James Harden sure as sh*t shouldn't be doin it...

11. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Harden needs to reach the point where he realizes he needs to change his mentality and game some to be a better off the ball SG. Otherwise, he'll never get "there"

12. BackdoorHarden

Chris Paul isn't looking too good. Is it time to worry about having to pay $230 millions for a 5 years contract to a 33 years old injury prone PG????

RocketsTruth likes this.
  13. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

CP3 is following the same path that Harden has taken. One-dimensional three point chucker. Thank you Morey and MDA.

14. BackdoorHarden

You're so right. CP3 was never a 3 point shooter. Now all he does is shoot 3's and play no D

15. Kadoz

Kadoz Member

I'd pay Chris Paul more than that if I could. Love CP3. I don't care if you have to take money from other players or raise ticket prices again or pay the training staff less but you give Chris whatever contract he wants.

16. vlaurelio

even BSPN thinks CP2 is better

Rockets roll past Grizzlies

Chris Paul records 18 points and nine assists...

17. vlaurelio

he got us "there" last year because he accepted a true PG role from MDA

this year yeah he will play majority of his minutes with CP3 as an off ball SG. Harden, MDA, and CP3 ain't that stupid

#157 vlaurelio, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  18. Rocketeer4Life

Its imperative for Chris Paul to have more of the point guard duties. If not, he will be less effective than Pat Beverly who can play the two better. Besides, Chris is a better point guard than Harden.

19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Harden has been to the confernce finals 3 seperate times and led the thunder over the spurs to the finals

20. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

harden didnt need a cp3 type of player next to him. He needed more or a catch and shoot ( 3 and d guy) .. a bigger beverley.. kinda like klay

Rocketeer4Life likes this.