1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know it's controversial but it has to be said. Chris Paul is better than James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kadoz, Oct 6, 2017.

1. riko

riko Member

Paul better ?lol Harden on his day maybe the most dominating force in the NBA.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Dwight! Dwight! Dwight!

Remember when no quality guard would ever come play with Harden?

I member.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ty Lawson after he got drunk.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yes Jordnnnn I stand corrected... I hadnt accounted for a guard coming here that could actually take the ball out of Hardens hands... JC dude, how long are you gonna harp on this stuff? Dwight was 2 years ago... get over it already... smh.... lol....

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

pretty sure CP3 decided to join Harden because he's the only guy outside of Lebron he'd give up the control of the ball to and vice versa

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hmm. Getting over it already. Fair amount of posters including yourself could use that advice on Harden and his game 6.

Bad game. But he's here to stay and we are damn lucky thats the case. Get over it already.

Cash Cam likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not going to play the Chris Paul VERSUS James Harden game - BUT

One super refreshing thing about Paul is how quickly he gets the ball out of his hands.
    Harden is the more dominant offensive force, but Paul always makes the right pass.
    What a great tandem to experiment with.

8. napalm06

The problem with that game was that the poor performance was obviously by choice. It wasn't injury or lack of ability. That's what makes it so hard to forget.

Also it may be several months ago, but we still haven't even played a regular season game since then. It's still "fresh" until proven otherwise in this year's playoffs, IMO.

Easy and kjayp like this.
  9. kjayp

Dude IT WAS THE LAST GAME WE PLAYED THAT COUNTED! It's not like he's getting harped on for setting a record for turnovers against the GSW in the WCF,,,, IT'S THE LAST GAME THAT COUNTED!

I dont give him crap for the end of game 5... he tried to play hero ball and it blew up in our faces... oh well, at least he was trying... call it a learning experience...

But game 6 wasn't a bad game where his shot just wasn't dropping... he DGAF... 0 fga attempted and 0 rebounds in OPENING quarter and a half...

Idk why guys gotta white knight Harden all the time... he's a great player - but he has his flaws... he's human... can we at least have an acceptance of those flaws instead of blanket denial?

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It wasn't by choice.
    The Spurs drained Harden's legs by making him guard Gasol/Aldridge in the post for long post ups.

Go back and watch the tape.

There's a reason Harden fouled out of that game.

It's no different than two finals ago when LeBron and Kyrie just kept getting Curry on switches and then you saw the result when he couldn't even break down Love off the dribble.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

God forbid any of you have real adversity in your life when the you can't get over a game that happened 5 months ago. Time to move on. Otherwise, you have an unhealthy personality/outlook on life.

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Harden has to score 25+ points 5+ rebs and assist in each playoff game otherwise it's a bad game. Who else is held to these expectations? LeBron. That's it. Harden is 28 and makes the playoffs every year, eventually he will meet his expectations and lead us to the finals.

13. napalm06

Sorry to interrupt your building of your straw man, but can you link to where someone said this?

My friend, we both have several thousand posts on a message board, the sole purpose of which is to discuss the Rockets. It seems disingenuous to use this rationale as a reason to ignore major performances. ;)

Like you said, sports are an escape from the adversity of daily life. That's why you don't want to see your team implode. It's not shocking why people are beating this dead horse; it's shocking that people keep trying to downplay it, fueling the constant cycle of beating the same dead horse.

kjayp and illwil29 like this.
  14. kjayp

I fully agree that Harden got drained that series... the MDA short lineups and expecting James to defend Pau and LMA was total idiocy on the part of MDA... I was b****in about it before game 6 even happened... and what pissed me off even more was MDA defending his rationale right up to game 6 and smugly dismissing people that raised the concern... and then the dude gets COY... smh... well i guess its a regular season award... but Pops clearly showed himself to be a better coach than MDA that series...
    Personally, I think all that played into Hardens lack of desire in game 6... I think the dude was pissed at the stupidity... and if rumors are to be believed, i'm sure Trevor calling him out for playing hero ball at the end of game 5 was probably the final straw...

but if you don't think that Harden passed up open shots and alleys for the first quarter and half of game 6... I would respectfully invite you to go back and review the tape...

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i know its controversial but it has to be said. morey needs a 4th chin. i know it might kill him cuz he's fatter than me, which is fat as hell, but he needs to eat more krispy kremes. a lot more. why i dunno but he just has to.

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I just watched it yesterday.

:p

17. vlaurelio

could Lebron by himself simply chose to take the rockets by himself to the WCFs last year?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah, Lebron would take Wade and not the Rox.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So let's say what you say is 100% fact. I don't think it is but let's just say for ****s sake it is.

Now what?

What does your constant harping in every Harden thread do exactly?

We aren't trading him. He's still one of the best in the league.

So like you said. Get over it already.

20. vlaurelio

yeah he cause he knows he can't

so why whine for something even Lebron couldn't have remotely done?