1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE THIS SITE

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by duluth111222, Mar 17, 2018.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You need to become a $75/year supporting remember to experience ad free.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@Yung-T

I know you guys are frustrated, but you seem mad at cf.net. Search "congratulations you won virus" in google and you will see this is widespread, with complaints at major sites. For instance, Yahoo users are complaining and viciously blaming Yahoo. Facebook users, too. I am sure you are getting much more attention to this problem from @Clutch, than all those other sites.

Check out the 16-pages of user venom here spanning the last 6 months: https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Other-p...ns-Apple-User-Only-on-Yahoo-links/td-p/360265

To say "This only happens on CF.net" simply is not true. That might be your experience, but Google searches say otherwise.

There is no doubt Congratulations hijacking is coming from ads, but really, short of all these sites removing their ad revenue, it's a Google problem for Google Ads allowing rogue ads to come through. It appears the vast majority of users on the internet encountering this problem are blaming the rogue Ads and looking for ways to stop them from coming up in their browser. Most of them aren't blaming a single site like cf.net for their problem.

I have encountered this, but not much. And I can just Go Back. So obviously, it is worse for some people than others, and certainly hard (if not impossible) for sites like Yahoo, Facebook and cf.net to fix for us.

#62 heypartner, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Invisible Fan and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Really not sure why you are singling me out, I simply replied to someone that said: "It’s not the site it’s your phone.", which is not true.

I also never blamed Clutch or sad I'm mad at him or cf, I just said that for many people here it happens only on CF and not the hundreds of other websites they visit. Of course it my happen on other sites we don't visit as well, but point is that only a smaller number of websites seem affected, so maybe Clutch can find a way to change the ad algorithm or form he uses here.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I singled you out to bicker. I legitimately spent some time last night trying to figure this out with the configuration mentioned. I just had you in mind as someone who was interested in any info.

I guess I got frustrated with my google searches providing little in the way of solutions, and came off sounding like a defensive tech support dude.

fwiw: That Yahoo Support thread I posted above might give you some things to try. But no universal solutions, despite "SOLVED" being in the title.​

Yung-T likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@heypartner be all like

heypartner likes this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

Same here.

God its annoying. I literally can't use my iPhone to even read posts on Clutchfans anymore. It used to happen every so often but now happens about every 4th or 5th link I click on in Clutchfans.

Keep in mind this only happens on my iPhone, not my desktop.

Patience and da_juice like this.
  7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I actually don't get this pop up on Clutchfans, but I do get it on 247Sports on my phone. It is definitely annoying.

On your phone:
    Clear your browser history/cookies/cache
    Pray.

On your computer:
    Download and run Malwarebytes (easiest method)
    You can also try clearing browser history/cookies/cache

8. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

I too suffer from this Amazon issue. I don’t ever see it at any other site I visit, sports related or otherwise. Also, cluthfans slows to an impossible crawl for me at times. Very slow and laggy, but I can navigate normally on other sites in a different tab.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I get less redirects on Android.

Another annoying ad I've seen in the phone is where I'm reading a thread and the page zooms to the bottom of the ad to load a freaking commercial. It's literally stuck there until I reload or exit

da_juice likes this.