1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Many Of You Guys Miss Kubiak?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pgabriel, Dec 23, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Maybe the problem is not BOB, Rick Smith, Casserly, or Kubiak... but the McNairs.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/...k-vikings-system-matt-lafleur-kevin-stefanski

Gary Kubiak Helped Shape the Modern NFL. Now, He’s Stepping Back Into It.
    Kubiak and Mike Shanahan created the system that Matt LaFleur, Kyle Shanahan, and more coaches use today. And now the Vikings offensive coordinator is returning to show just how far it can go.

2. csj

csj Member

No, it was Kubiak. Head coaching is far more than running an offensive scheme, it's being responsible for all phases of the game. The McNairs contributed to Kubiak's success by covering for one of his great weaknesses, an inability to identify defensive coaching competency. Arguably, without the McNairs Kubiak never would have won it all.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If we could have had Kubiaks offense with Watson and RACs defense (with talent) we would have won a ring!! Fantasy time for the win!

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Watson on that 2012 Texans squad would have been fun to watch.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I had my problems with Kubes but to say he wouldnt have won without the McNairs....

[​IMG]

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

8. csj

csj Member

I'm not sure what that point is. Kubiak won a Super Bowl, is that in question?

He did not want to hire Wade and was forced to. He also says that Wade was not his first choice in Denver. It's not clear Wade would have hired in Denver without his previous stint in Houston, or that Kubiak would have been either, so yeah, without the McNairs forcing Wade's hire, it's not at all clear that Kubiak would have won a SB.

I like Kubiak, and Wade, and am happy they won it all, but objectively Kubiak was not a good HC.

raining threes likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Not as a HC, but I think he would have been a perfect offensive mind for Deshaun Watson. The zone running game and play-action bootleg we used to run would make him thrive.

csj likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes there is an extra element. That extra element is Bill O'Brien sucks!!

11. raining threes

And yet BOB's had as much success as Kubiak had on Kirby.

No I dont want Kubiak back as HC or BOB back as HC for that matter. They're too conservative for my taste.