1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about a Clutch City NBA Keeper League?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by pugsly8422, Sep 19, 2005.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I was thinking since most of the people that join the league spend a lot of time on here it would be easy to do a keeper league of only Clutch City members. I'm not sure if you can set up a keeper league in Yahoo, or you just have to keep a file showing everyone's teams at the end of the year, pick the 5-6 you want to keep, and then do some type of redraft. This makes it a little more interesting, and you can make trades throughout the offseason. I was thinking of limiting it to only members of 1 year or more, but that might be a bit too harsh. I just wanted input before I actually attempted to go through with it.

Pugs

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Pugs, I usually set the league to only Clutch City members. And for the past 2-3 years, it's been only Clutch City members. I just keep track on who usually plays.

3. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Is it usually a keeper league though? That's the biggest thing I'm proposing here. A league where you keep your choice of usualy 5-6 players before the draft starts, then you do a draft (either you draw names, or the team with the worst record the prior year goes first). In the original draft, knowing it's a keeper league, you may pick someone like Gilbert Arenas over someone like Kobe or Iverson because he has slightly lower stats, but many more years to play.

Pugs