1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans Add Nine Their Practice Squad to Start the Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by No Worries, Sep 2, 2019.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Houston Texans Add Nine Their Practice Squad to Start the Season
    by Patrick D. Starr

The Houston Texans have set their first practice squad for the 2019 season. The Texans have set their initial roster. As learned in the past the practice squad is just as crucial for the long haul of a season.

The Texans are allowed ten on the practice squad but have stopped at nine for the time being.

The Texans Practice Squad
    1. OT Rick Leonard - quietly had a strong training camp, was their next best offensive tackle of the group. Showed he has something to develop with his skill set.
    2. WR Steven Mitchell, Jr. - Mitchell was one of the few receivers that the Texans moved around to all three spots in the offense. Has vertical speed needed in the offense plus can return kicks in a pinch.
    3. WR Vyncint Smith - Smith's vertical presence is what makes him dangerous as a wide receiver. He still needs to refine his route running to make his mark on the 53-man roster.
    4. QB Alex McGough - After Joe Webb III went down for the season with a foot injury, Bill O'Brien hinted at landing another quarterback for the season. They added McGough who was Jacksonville's third-string quarterback all of training camp.
    5. S Austin Exford - The rookie had an up and down camp, but he came on strong late in camp. Not afraid to play physical from the secondary, Exford has the early makings for a depth safety and key special teams player if needed.
    6. RB Karan Higdon, Jr. - A knee injury pushed him back all of the off-season, but he showed he could catch the ball at a high rate plus make defenders miss. The big thing for Higdon is protecting himself better as a running back and not taking so many hits.
    7. ILB Tyrell Adams - Their fifth best linebacker the entire camp but the Texans only opted to take four on the 53-man roster for the time being. Adams best trait is his contributions on special teams.
    8. DT Albert Huggins, Jr. - As training camp and the preseason wore on, Huggins proved the could play at this level. He showed that he could play the run but started to get to the quarterback.
    9. S Chris Johnson - Another defender that played stronger as camp and the preseason progressed. Johnson was the first safety up in the group outside of their top four.

raining threes likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Where did Crockett end up?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Raiders

5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Wonder if that was his choice or ours?
    Liked what I saw from him in limited action.
    Hope we can keep Huggins.
    He made one of the PFF All-Scrub (j/k undrafted) teams.
    With that kind of pub someone may take a flyer on him.

It's something like B.o.B. would do.
    "...........hmmmmm!.......I don't know how to scout dl for @#$%, but I see he made this all-whatever list."
    "I think I'll trade for him.......what's that? I don't have to give up a draft pick for him?
    Even better! (Almost out of those anyway!)
    Sign him up!"