1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets to honor Rockets legend Tracy McGrady on Wednesday, 4/5 against the Nuggets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Apr 4, 2017.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Congrats to one of the greatest Rockets of all-time on being named a first ballot Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2017 inductee. Well deserved and easily expected. I'm glad T-Mac is being honored by true Rockets fans tomorrow. As a fan of this great team, we all love one of the greatest Rockets legends ever. For someone to show true heart and grit by playing injured in every postseason and still have the #11 ranked playoff PER in NBA history is amazing. Props to one of the greatest Rockets EVER.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

inb4 anyone else says tinman faints

hongxingli, topfive and Snow Villiers like this.
  3. rockets13champs

Semi retire #1 pls

4. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

I vividly recall when we traded Stevie for T-Mac and remember thinking that we had the next Shaq-Kobe duo that should dominate the league for years. The promise of that dynasty seemed so close during the series with the Mavs, where the Rockets went up 2-0 while starting out in Dallas. T-Mac did some otherworldly things as a member of the Rockets and was an amazing talent. As much as I'll remember him for the scoring outbursts, the high flying dunks and uncanny court vision (when he was willing to pass), I feel his legacy as a Rocket will always be tainted by the last year or so of his tenure. His switch to the #3 jersey seemed to mark a formal 'checking out' on the team and his pitiful performance against Toronto will always leave a sour taste.

Still, he is definitely one of the top 5 talents that has ever worn a Rockets jersey and he deserves some commemoration during this 50 year anniversary season. If for no other reason than a reminder of a what could have been.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

T-Mac changed his number from 1 to 3 to promote his humanitarian efforts in the Darfur region of the Sudan and a documentary on his summer 2007 visits to refugee camps in the region.

He was a legend on and off the court. A true professional and an even better human being.

[​IMG]

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP, you're trying way too hard to bait Tinman.

I somewhat consider that disrespect to TMac that you'd care more to carry on a petty fight among fans, than to just, simple honor him.

and btw: this number is great. But it is skewed since he stopped playing in the playoffs in his prime. Like, you don't think Kobe was higher at equal age, Magic, Kareem, David Robinson, Wilt, Bird. Westbrook is barely ahead....do you think he'll stay ahead if he plays to age 36. Hell, even Ginobody had a higher PER in his prime.

also, PER is an antiquated stat. But yes, TMac was an awesome playoff performer. Just gotta respect the other superstars to compare only their prime years, too.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I've been a huge Rockets fan for many years and as a result, I am a huge fan of T-Mac. I'm not sure how long you've been around here on ClutchFans but I've always supported Tracy McGrady so this is no different. I've always continued to honor him as any true Rockets fan should. :)

Salvy likes this.
  8. heypartner

You started this thread to bait and troll. Just admit it. Don't be a wuss and pretend, otherwise.

And the HOF thread hasn't even died, yet.

9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Weren't they supposed to give away tmac bobblehead? I got my tickets a while back and now I hear they're just giving away a poster or something... WTF!!!

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

FIFY and GTFO

Pen15clubber and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. heypartner

It is bait and switch, in honor of TMac.

Zboy likes this.
  12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Posters? wut. i thought they'd at least give away some videos of him passing.

Jontro likes this.
  13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

You really like attention huh?

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

This thread is to honor Houston Rockets legend Tracy McGrady and let others know that we are honoring him at the game tomorrow. Feel free to pay your respects and honor T-Mac with your favorite memory him as a Houston Rocket.

Yung-T and Snow Villiers like this.
  15. heypartner

You're like someone who starts an April Fool's joke thread and keeps trying to convince ppl it is real and not a joke.

You're not very good at this. You think you are, though. The Dallas Mavericks are quite similar in that regard wrt basketballl, so it is fitting you'd continue trying really hard to troll, when it is so transparent that you aren't very good at it. Just like the Mavs.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

OP is the one who started the James Frauden thread. He has been hanging around a lot more now that his mavs can't even slip into the 8th seed.

Salvy likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Where's Tinman? This thread is not official until he shows up. I've got my popcorn ready.

lnchan, RiceRockets and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. val_modus

val_modus Member

Isn't it also skewed by the fact that he played on a shredded knee vs Utah without Yao, and the playoff series with the Hawks that he played in limited minutes as a backup? Kobe never played playoff basketball after his injuries.

Dopamine likes this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Top 5 talent. Bottom 5 heart. Thats how Ill remember this guy. What couldve been? Screw that. I dont what to think of what couldve been. Id rather think that we finally got out of the first round without this scrub. I want to think that those teams were Yao's, with good role players around him: Scola, Brooks, Lowry, Mutumbo, Landry, Artest, Wafer, Hayes, Battier. Thats the team Ill remember during that era. If talent alone gets you to the basketball HOF, they need to raise the bar.

Zboy and RudyTBag like this.