1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe, just maybe Dana knows what he's doing

King1 and Poloshirtbandit like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Moar big time recruits and transfers pls.

Need to wash this 2019 taste out of my mouth asap.

4. Nook

Nook Member

There will be more. They are close to an OL from London and another former LSU player

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm looking forward to it. It feels like this is really his true start this year when he can get a much bigger grasp on who will be playing for him and guys he actually wants. from here bringing in all these guys we can truly judge whether he's the right guy for UH or not. lets not forget the 5 star alabama LB transfer prior to these upcoming

6. Poloshirtbandit

Didn't realize Nwankwo had originally committed to UH then de-commited after Applewhite was fired.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hopefully Dana can get a decent transfer qb since King is most likely gone.

8. Poloshirtbandit

Is Bryson Smith that bad at QB? The few times I saw him lineup were for Wildcat plays.

9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I was wondering the same thing. He does not appear to have been given the same shot at QB as Tune and Holgerson Jr both whom are second rate at best. I was hoping to see more of Bryson Smith but he kind of disappeared. Maybe he is hurt.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I still don't see him leaving, especially with what Dana is building for the 2020 season. unless King absolutely believes he isn't the right fit under Dana or vice versa. I thought it was very much a work in progress.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If a monster like OU or Lsu comes calling he’s outta there. Hope I’m wrong though because the kid is electric.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This doesn't make a lot of sense for either party. Unless Holgo is just desperate to get his kid some PT.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe but those guys are probably getting the usual elite recruits lined up. both teams have a highly rated qb waiting in the wings i believe

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

This season Houston played on ABC, ESPN three times, ESPN2 four times, and ESPNU twice. Ten out of twelve games. Too bad they didn't have a good season, but is this increase in televised games part of their conference tv deal or just due to higher quality of opponents (many were ranked at the time)?

15. Homey the Clown

That's my nephew. I will gladly jump on the UofH bandwagon. The kid has always been a beast. He's a damn good wrestler as well.

Hippieloser likes this.
  16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Welcome aboard the train, Homey. First-class seating still available!

Dudes, that was the weirdest, ugliest UH season by any metric or eyeball test in 15 years. I did not anticipate a losing record back in August. I know the team will look much different next season, but it's damn hard to go from 4 wins to conference contender, I don't care who you're bringing in. I'm sure SMU, Memphis, UCF et al are excited about who they'll have next year, too.

The red shirts remain a confounding plan shrouded in uncertainty, and the coaching was less than impressive all year. I will say that the coaches never lost the team, so perhaps that's reason for optimism. Hopefull King comes back and the team finds some real answers on defense and the O line. Otherwise, bowl eligibility will be the ceiling. This team beat Oklahoma and Louisville three freaking years ago. Hard to accept that all that momentum is dead, cremated, and scattered to the wind.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Nook

Nook Member

Chambers was looking at less playing time in 2020.

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Quick Question: Would you say the activity in the UH thread is down, up or the same from a few years ago?

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

2017 = pages 257 to 269

2018 = pages 270 to 289

2019 = pages 290 to present (308)

koochingchang and Brando2101 like this.