1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Astros: 2017 World Series Champions!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Nov 1, 2017.

1. BleedsRocketRed

Can we just sticky this thread for all eternity? Had clutchfans been around back when the Rockets won B2B we'd probably still be posting in that thread today.

Plus, its just so bad ass reading through this thread over and over again

Pllllllease make it happen! :)

Poloshirtbandit and msn like this.
  2. msn

msn Member

Woke up today and it's still true! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I keep coming in every day to give the thread a bump and someone has already done it. Just so awesome.

4. Buck Turgidson

Good call. Just started Game 5 on the dvr. Hope we pull this one out!

[one of my little cousins hasn't seen all of this game yet, so I'm saving my thoughts/pbp for posterity right here]

This may be my favorite Astros game of all-time.

we're dooooomed: Keuchel just walked the bases loaded with 1 out in the first

Marwin is a really, really shittly LFer (can't be the starter there in '18). 3-0, game over.

NL HR champ, ROY, cannot hit an inside breaking ball. He may see more of those next year.

4th inning: 2 on, 2 out, Keuchel pulled, LUKE Gregerson did good things. Respect. Remember.

Altuve with a great AB, 2 on, 1 out, Correa up: "not going to get a lot of opportunities", says Joe Buck

Well, Joe...Correa just hit a hustle 2B, Yuli just dropped a bomb, and it's 4-4 now, you pedantic twit.

(I haven't watched this game in a couple of weeks, forgive me again for talking to myself, or more accurately, going full Larry King)

McHugh in...I still think he's a starter or nothing next season....BB, BB, K, then a meatball to the guy who can't hit air. Bellinger bomb. 7-4 dodgers. Kike and Puig are massive douchebags. I hate 'em.

Smoltz says that the Dodgers have "sucked the air out of this place multiple times"...then Bregman immediately draws a 2 out walk, and Kershaw gets pulled. Brilliant.

God I hate the ****ing Braves.

[I'm staring at the blackberry cobbler my mom made for her mom, I'm not supposed to eat it yet but damn]

When Maeda and Darvish meet back in Japan in the offseason, which guy cries into which guy's beer first?

Someone should look up McHugh's ERA in his 1IP and then after....

That Peacock to Bregman play on the bunt, tagging out Ginger Gandalf, with McCann yelling "3.3.3.3.3" is still so awesome.

Dear god, how awful and deflating was the triple that got by Springer?

That 3-2 ?strike 3? to Forsythe with 1 out and a guy on 3rd might be the call of the game.

Nobody was ready, not me, not the announcers, not the crowd, not Morrow...nobody was ready for the ****ing missile that Springer launched on the 1st pitch of the inning. 448 feet they say.

Bregman runs the bases like a mother trucker...scoring from 1st on Altuve's 2B to LCF.

Correa watches a WP (Dodgers decide to warm up the pen in a hurry) then next pitch goes Crawfords...11-9 Stros

Joc Pederson is goddam douchbag. I hate him.

Marwin is a terrible LFer.

Chris Taylor is the spitting image of the "Messiah Humperdoo" from the show Preacher

Why does Will Harris wear down at the end of every season?

Why did Devenski wear down at the end of this season?

Puig is still a douche, but it was impressive how he one-handed that ball into the Crawfords. 12-11 Stros.

1-1 pitch should have been strike 2 to Taylor. ******* ties it up on a 2-2, 2 out pitch down and away.

Taylor played the WS like a major pissant. I hate him.

Ballpark is deflated. Zero noise.

10th inning, Kenley Jansen is unhittable. No way we win this.

A guy named "Andre Ethier" should be playing hockey or soccer or painting landscapes or something.

Musgrove did good, unheralded work. 9 pitches, 4 batters, 3 outs.

For a split second, eeeeverybody thought McCann ended it. Just to the right of the dumbass fowl pole.

Then he gets hit, then they walk Springer, then Fisher PRs for the slow guy at 2B.

1st pitch, Coonass singles to LF, Ethier has an arm like a soccer player, Fisher scores easy. 13-12. Maybe the best Stros game I've ever seen.

#624 Buck Turgidson, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    RunninRaven, arkoe, Marteen and 12 others like this.
  5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I LITERALLY love this post!

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

With as intense as that game was, I was expecting a close play off the bat. I burst out laughing when he released the ball.

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I've said it a few times but I like to brag, I got to be at this game, and your rendition of it here is so awesome. Pretty much exactly what it was like in the building with the air sucked out and erupting. I will say one thing, after Springer missed that ball for the triple, I leaned over to my fiance as he walked out to the plate and said "Springer is gonna make up for that mistake right here" I have no other proof, just have to take me at my word lol. best game ever.

8. Buck Turgidson

I can't believe I was up until 4AM doing that. Sober.

MadMax likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I was at '86 Game 6. This is right there, but better because of victory.

msn likes this.
  10. mick fry

mick fry Member

Kevin Brady rubbed it in on Trump today. Astros are still World Series Champs!

11. conquistador#11

OMG THEY DID IT!!! Anyone catch hinch in the post game with big papi? Hinch said to them, "These guys were loose before the game. (game 7). You know what they were talking about? They were talking about the ear piece papi has on."

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you were out in the right center field seats, we were probably right there with you

13. Buck Turgidson

LF mezzanine, iirc (grey seats?) Hatcher's HR went right at us into the pole above our heads.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. msn

msn Member

epic post is epic.

(I hate the br*ves, too.)

16. the shark

the shark Member

What kind of odds would you have given the 'Stros before the WS started knowing that neither Verlander or DK would get a W and that they would win the series?

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Same odds I'd give the Dodgers knowing that Darvish wouldn't last 2 innings in either of two starts and that Jansen would blow one save and be the losing pitcher in another game.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Received a copy of the Astros DVD's for Christmas. Had to watch to the end of the movie to make we still won. Ha. All in all, a little underwhelming. There are regular season highlights but they're sparse.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It wasn't the Braves... it was Big and Bag's sucking.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The World Series documentary was ok. I got the 8 disc box set and popped in game 5. It’s worth it just to be able to watch the games with the Astros radio broadcast instead of Joe Buck. Sparky is so awesome. Not sure about every game but has a decent amount of mlbtv postgame coverage as well. Happy with that set.