1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House Investigation thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's a political hack, that's why.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

keep hope alive

MojoMan likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

republican witness testimony...

8. NewRoxFan

Wil Hurd continues to make we wonder if he is truly an independent voice in congress...

And then there is this wacko...

9. NewRoxFan

At some point the American government based on checks and balances will be restored...

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So, when is the whole House scheduled to vote on these motions, then?

11. adoo

adoo Member

the dotard is gonna explode over this

next, Don McGahn and his chief of staff Annie Donaldson​

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So, Nancy Pelosi is appalled at Trump's comments to Former Senior Advisor and White House Communications Director to President Bill Clinton George Stephanopolous.

'I think I’d take it': In exclusive interview, Trump says he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on opponents

President Donald Trump may not alert the FBI if foreign governments offered damaging information against his 2020 rivals during the upcoming presidential race, he said, despite the deluge of investigations stemming from his campaign's interactions with Russians during the 2016 campaign.

Asked by ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in the Oval Office on Wednesday whether his campaign would accept such information from foreigners -- such as China or Russia -- or hand it over the FBI, Trump said, "I think maybe you do both."

"I think you might want to listen, there isn't anything wrong with listening," Trump continued. "If somebody called from a country, Norway, [and said] ‘we have information on your opponent' -- oh, I think I'd want to hear it."​

If this is the legitimate offense to our laws and our constitution that the Democrats and the media are currently trying to play this up to be, then surely the Democrats in Congress have all they need to impeach Trump right away. Alternatively, if they do not, then clearly this is just more politically contrived poppycock.

So, what is the hold up? If there is anything of substance here, then they need to get this show on the road already. Right?

14. NewRoxFan

I think its interesting that mojoman is trying to show he is truly an "independent" by calling for trump's impeachment.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Same as it's always been -- they know Senate Republicans will not vote to convict no matter how blatant the offense.

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

They cannot even come up with any supportable charges. That is the real reason.

Just because they are having a collective temper tantrum because their candidate did not win and they are not getting their way, is not a legitimate reason to impeach somebody. The American people know that and the Democrats in Congress know that the American people know that.

That is why they are not trying to impeach President Trump. And that is as true today as it was last week or two years ago.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Senator Chuck Grassley weighs in:

"I'm a little astonished at the outrage that I've heard here," said Sen. Chuck Grassley. "Hillary Clinton, the DNC paid a foreign spy to gather information from Russia. I didn't hear any outrage. Now lately, the news come out that at people working for a Democratic candidate trying to get information from the Ukraine, which is a foreign country. I think the bottom line of it is that whether you're a Republican campaign or Democratic campaign, you've got to be very protective of making sure that you don't do anything that enhances a goal of a foreign national or a foreign country."
    Right on, Chuck.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Hillary Clinton is dead meat. Trump is POTUS. There's a difference in importance.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

No, that makes no difference. There is no "dead meat" exception under the law. What nonsense.

Hillary Clinton and the Democrats actually did it. Trump and the Republicans did not. It is that straight forward.

Fortunately we have a real AG who is apparently looking into these matters now that the Mueller investigation is over and Trump has been effectively cleared of these false accusations.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Go for it! No one cares. "Lock her up!"
    LOCK UP CLINTON, OK?
    Now about Trump. . . .