1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

History will not forget the fiscal irresponsibility done yesterday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

You are really going to take the high ground in a debate over electing someone who slept with underage girls because of semantics?

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Also, not to get too picky, but words also modernize in definition as well. Maybe the idea that Moore is a statutory rapist is more fitting, but pedophile gets the job done too. Again, if people (like yourself) know what I am referencing the word has done its job. In fact, most people would know what I was referencing in circles that keep up with current events. But hey, if it makes you feel like you bested me, then go at it boy.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, if you knew anything at all you'd know that a person such as yourself calling another sophomoric has no impact whatsoever. You'd have to have some sort of credibility for your words to be taken seriously. it seems on top of being ignorant as to the meaning of words you attempt to use, you also have a highly inflated sense of your own importance....not a good combination kiddo.

The difference between reality and what you said is absolutely worth noting in that there's a fairly massive difference even if you aren't capable of seeing it for whatever reason.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to point out when people inaccurately use words due to their own ignorance as to what those words mean. If you say you are taking your kid to a pedophile when you mean pediatrician, someone should inform you that you are an idiot. The same holds true in this instance.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The real goal of this tax charade is the inevitable cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, and a whole host of social and entitlement programs the GOP has been wanting to slash for years. This tax swindle will give them the cover they need to finally starve the beast.

When the "trickle down" doesn't trickle down and it's time to trim the budget, guess where the cuts will come? Check in with your grandparents in a few years whether they remain on board with what this GOP congress and president* has wrought.

6. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I don't think calling someone who slept with underage women a pedophile is as bad as calling a children's doctor a pedophile, but if that's what you want to focus on in all of this debate then you do you man.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Ah right, so if I'm looking for some dank barbeque it means I'm looking for dark and wet barbeque. Context is meaningless, definitions are set in stone!

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is there any actual evidence that he slept with underage women? That's not what the credible reports suggest at all, even then "pedophile" doesn't mean "slept with underage women", it means that you have primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children. If I call you a necrophiliac because you get off having your old lady tie you up and whip you, it's still inaccurate even if there is an accurate word for that.

LOL, so now you are saying that even though you used a word that means something else, you still used it accurately because you used that word in the place of the correct word which would have been correct?

Just admit that you made a mistake out of ignorance and now you know better. You won't fool anyone with that BS excuse.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

No, no, no, let him rant. He is building my case for me. It's easier this way.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Or maybe, I view that someone under the age of consent should be viewed in the same light as a child. Again, if it really wasn't fitting you wouldn't have known what I was talking about. You're smart, but not that smart. But hey, you need this one. I get that you need a win, take It! I won't budge, do your victory lap and enjoy the pizza party after. You earned it sport!

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, well then you are a simpleton....in many ways worse than just admitting that you didn't know what you were talking about. You can alleviate ignorance, you can't do anything to fix the condition you are claiming to have.

Nepiophilia is MUCH worse than pedophilia, which is MUCH worse than ephebophilia....something largely acceptable not only throughout history but is currently acceptable in a large part of the world even including first world countries. Globally the age of consent ranges from 12 to 21 with the average being 16. Going by your definitions, if you happened to be in a country where the age of consent was 21, sex with a 20 year old would be "pedophilia".

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Again, the sophomore label fits. You are wise enough to know the definition and distinction, foolish enough to think it's worth noting or even that it matters. But hey, keep schooling me on this, it's fun.

Maybe you can go back to the art of negotiation and explain to me how Melo holds all the cards, and how he's going to be a rocket, and how NYK has to accept the deal of Ryno and trash. I liked that one too.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, hopefully you are learning something so that you don't embarrass yourself in the future by putting your ignorance on display. If that is the case, then we've all won here.

Him caving and putting himself in a terrible situation doesn't change anything I said. He never had to do so.....also, isn't it clear by now that Ryan Anderson would have been a steal for Melo? Right now I doubt the Rockets trade Anderson for Melo straight up even if the money worked.

I think your problem is that you try to be clever despite being ill equipped to do so. Perhaps you should just stop trying so hard.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Again, if you need to feel that you embarrassed me I will gladly play along.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, yet again you misunderstand. I didn't do anything, you embarrassed yourself by putting your ignorance on display and then doubling down on it. That's why I'm suggesting that you stop trying so hard.

The only thing I did was state things as they actually are.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

I'm actually not trying at all here. But somehow I'm embarassed? I'm pretty sure I'm not, but I will fake it for your sake. Heck, I'm borderline having some fun here.

17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

That's a nice job of moving the goalposts. You blamed Obama for "ridiculous deficits" during his presidency and then went on to blame him for the time where the deficits actually exploded two years before he took office because he happened to be part of a Congressional majority (whose spending could easily have been vetoed by the Republican president).

I guess it was also the Democrat's fault that Reagan nearly tripled the debt while Bush more than doubled it. When you're such a biased partisan that you see everything as the fault of the "other guys," don't be surprised when people take you opinions with a grain of salt the size of a deer lick.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

People are not rational, they will believe anything if they think you are on their side.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

'Holy crap': Experts find tax plan riddled with glitches
    Some of the provisions could be easily gamed, tax lawyers say.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/tax-plan-glitches-mistakes-republicans-208049