1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO TV] True Detective Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Oh damn, I knew he looked familiar.

donkeypunch likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is kind of slow
    Still sticking with it. . . . .

Rocket River

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Mahershala Ali's performance in Room 104 s2e11, "Sharks" is spectacular also. He plays a fast-talking pool shark; polar opposite of his characters in HOC and True Detective

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Moonlight, too.

[​IMG]

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

that claymore got me hyped!

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This show has me hooked too. It looks like the next episode is gonna focus on the father.

8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Does Amelia have something to do with it?

9. heypartner

OK, I've looked pretty thoroughly. That scene is not in any of the first 5 episodes. It was a split-second frame in a Tease for Ep 5, but wasn't in Ep 5. So, I suppose, later episodes, or it was truly just meant to tease us?

10. TheresTheDagger

I don't think so BUT....I think the reason she's no longer around has something to do with the case.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Also the daughter.

I guess I'm thoroughly confused at this point.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hoyt Hoyt Hoyt

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really enjoyed last night's episode. I feel like we've nearly got the "mystery" wrapped up. Here are my guesses:
    • Roland had some sort of romantic relationship with Tom Purcell before 1990. Tom's incredulity and deep hurt at being questioned by him in the holding cell had a tinge of intimacy that was met with harsher-than-usual glares from Roland. Tom's dialogue during the 1990 prayer in his home was also leading.
    • I feel Roland is also somehow dirty. The camera didn't show us anything in the street when Wayne asked him if there was a sedan posted outside in 2015. That whole scene was shot in a very ominous way.
    • I bet Hays and are responsible for killing Harris James, especially once they find out he's killed Tom in 1990.
    • Julie Purcell's father is immaterial, even if I suspect it is Dan O'Brien. What matters is that her desperate and addicted mother agreed to give or sell her to the Hoyt Foods family. Their interest was replacing the child they lost/eventually abusing her. This is TD, after all. Perhaps the DA, "the man on TV pretending to be my father," was part of the grooming process in the pink room. I don't think she was referencing Tom in that call; that feels too obvious.
    • The Ardoin Lawn Service truck in 1990 matters somehow. I've read that's the last name of the young boy who saw Julie and Will on their bikes the night they disappeared.
    • I bet Amelia dies going after the glass-eyed man that showed up to her reading. She gets too close while playing detective.
    • Hays' uses his dementia selectively. I don't believe he was entirely "lost" during that last 2015 scene with Roland and instead used it to lure Roland into a false sense of security with him.

14. heypartner

fwiw: this scene has still not occurred in the show. Maybe the teaser was screwing with us.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking on almost all accounts.

- The first time i heard that call from Julie i turned to my wife and said she wasnt talking about Tom, she was talking about the DA. The guy clearly wanted to end the investigation as quickly as possible. He HAS to be a part of it.

- I also figured Roland had a relationship with Tom. Not just Tom's look when Roland started questioning him but the look on Roland's face when he saw the "Homosexuality Cure" pamphlet. Not to mention he is so adamant about Tom being innocent.

- I think you are right about Amelia. The one eyed guy wasn't upset that she was trying to make money off the situation. He was upset because she didnt know anything. He was clearly fishing for information.

- I'm pretty sure Hays asking if there is a black sedan outside was a test for Roland. What I'm not sure of is if Roland was lying or not.

- I'm also still not sure why Hays and Roland split up in the first place. I'm thinking Hays accused Roland of being involved in it. Hays doesnt remember doing it, which is why he is testing Roland now.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It may have been. I find it hard to believe they’d shoot a scene like that with the laptop just to screw with fans. I expect it will show up within the next few episodes. Pretty odd.

They could tie the Hoyts and Tuttles together as some more widespread Yellow King cult. It would be a bit cheesy but I could see actual cameos from S1 characters in the finale.

18. heypartner

Did you see the teaser? It's only on the screen for less than a split second. Could just be a photoshop'd still? But I agree that it fits for the reporter to show him something like that, at some point, since she already showed him other cases, while they were in her hotel room.

Anyhoot, just saying it's still something to watch for, as it hasn't been in the show, yet.

bobloblaw likes this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

How good has this season been, compared to the first season?

20. conquistador#11

It looks like I'm missing out.