1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hardens offseason weight is the best indicator of how he plays

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Some people really don't watch games and just try to run with some funny narrative i guess. Heck watch the highlights...look at Harden's first step, he's quick as ever.

He's actually moving faster now then he was at the start of last season, Harden started to get into game speed later into last year...you know the year when the Rockets won 65 games.

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

I feel you, 100% agree.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

See, you just said that Harden isn't MJ or Lebron. Now you're saying Harden hasn't had the same help that MJ and Lebron have had. Harden has dragged garbage players to the WCF in a loaded west. This isn't an argument about Morey not doing his job. This is an argument how good Harden SHOULD be.

I guess you think Harden has maxed out his potential and shouldn't be expected to do more than what he has already done.. I disagree. Harden's game NEVER depended on athleticism.

Harden corrects the correctable - his defense, conditioning (yes even with asthma) and decision making and Harden will be unstoppable.

joshuaao and charlieaustin like this.
  4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I hope you love to pray.

Because you will need it,

a lots.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow, you're soooo real.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not holding my breath I'm just saying Harden can be even better.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think Harden's played poorly this season at all. He's not the MVP frontrunner, but he's been good.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yeah, he isn’t them, and he hasn’t had the amount of help that they’ve had throughout their careers. Harden isn’t on their level and is working with much less help.

Harden had dragged garbage to the WCF once. That’s not something u can expect 1 man to do consistently.

His game never depended on athleticism, but supreme athleticism helps. Harden needs to correct those things, but he also needs help. Where u at Morey? Where u at CP3? Where u at EG?

Blurr#7 likes this.
  9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

LOL, I just remembered that liner hitting Bartolo in the gut last year and he was like. " nah, I'm good"

Os Trigonum and J.R. like this.
  10. Sen89

Sen89 Member

It mostly has to do with whether he has a chip on his shoulder or not. He's always going to be somewhat underappreciated because of his playing style, but relative to normal, how much praise he gets after a season seems to directly correlate to how much work he puts in during the Summer.

2015 Summer: Got credit for the WCF run, players voted him MVP over Curry, team supposedly added talent in Lawson (lol) to support him as a 2nd ball-handler. Came out badly in the '15-'16 abortion season.

2016 Summer: Took blame for '15-'16 mess, got beat up all Summer. Team changed with D'Antoni hire and FA signings, and new system built around him at PG. Came out with a chip on his shoulder.

2017 Summer: Took blame for the Game 6 loss against SA, where he dropped a TO-ridden dud (against a Kawhi-less Spurs team). Added Chris Paul and other vets, came out firing in his MVP '17-'18 season.

2018 Summer: Got credit for MVP season. Only irrational haters were giving him flack for the WCF loss against a GS juggernaut. Been up and down to start the year.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fat narrative never gets old..... bummer he never played eggball.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

If he got fat, then so did Capela, CP3, and Gordon.

WTF did they eat in Cancun? I blame Melo's fatness for infecting the team.

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lol common, maybe it’s because our spacing is trash? I mean you got Ennis, PJ and CP3 shooting sub 30% from three hell Im packing the paint all day as soon as Harden gets the iso. That’s why Dantoni started the corpse of EG. At least he’s a threat to
    hit an open 3.

HP3 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like you have it a bit off here. EG is about to be under the 30% mark from deep. that's absolutely horrible especially for someone that shoots as much as he does

Blurr#7 likes this.
  15. Blurr#7

Well I meant lately and in the starting role. His percentages are way better.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really true. especially for the month of December

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL Dwiva Only Fan

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah up there in minutes played, assists, bpm and leading in scoring while carrying this cluster **** of a roster is lazy/careless. even lebron or steph or kd can't carry this heavy burden and be as successful as harden

19. Blurr#7

Starting: 8 games. 36 Min. 19.5 PPG. 36.7% FG. 34.2% 3P.
    Reserve: 14 games. 30 Min. 13.6 PPG. 36.6% FG. 28.6% 3P.

Okay so not earth shattering but still better on his 3pt percentage. And almost 20ppg wich will make a defense react.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What? Nothing about defense or turnovers?

Come on, the guy has regressed a bit, still a great scorer, but far from a complete player.

DD