1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: sit your ass down!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jan 25, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Utah on a back to back is a loss regardless.

Just bench Harden. No need to play him either of these games. Try to win the Denver game tomorrow.

Rockets already screwed themselves over for this regular season. The damage is done with all the chokes and no-shows to bad teams, so they’re not getting a good seed. It is time to start purely load managing for the playoffs.

#41 J Sizzle, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    cdxiong, daywalker02 and saleem like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Sit WB Monday and sit Harden tomorrow. Or just sit Harden for both games and have WB play both.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's concerning and sad to see James playing hurt and struggling out there. Sit him out for the next 2 games. Get well soon James. We love you. You're our hero.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It does not seem like the medical staff knows his body. Him getting gassed has been an issue. Perhaps concussions too and now this niggling injury no one talks about

BamBam and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

harden needs a break let him sit.

DeBeards likes this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

I think to a certain degree James feels he's invincible. And why not? He's continued to truck on for years and years while every other teammate around him went down to injury. He's sustained wear and tear that would have grounded anyone else in the league and probably ended the careers of quite a few, but they've been relatively minor blips to him. And he knows it. He said in a recent post-game interview "I've got the body for this," meaning the body to play this incredibly physical game as guard that he's been doing for years. I'm not going to give him crap. He's carried the team by himself for huge swaths of time.

But he's hurt. I mean, it was a 4-on-5 power play in favor of the T-Wolves the whole 4th quarter last night. But that's the coach's fault. MDA has the power to determine who plays. I don't know if he holds any other power on the team, but he has that. Unfortunately, his predilection is for running players into early graves. If the coach can't bench someone who's hurt for whatever reasons, he ought not to have the power to bench anyone else.

Both he and James seem not to understand that for the first time, they have another player that can keep the offense going and even juice it up when James is not on the court. Russ has been on fire lately. Not just lately, for over half the season. He is actually capable of allowing James to rest. But James is used to having to be out there to save everything, so don't give him crap. Give crap to the sadistic, unimaginative coach who does nothing.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Agreed that Harden is struggling and he might be going through injuries. He could easily just sit out if he wants to but he wants to play. Shouldn’t that in itself be commendable rather than seeing it as egotistical? How many players do you know that have done this? Besides, Russ is playing the PG for the most part in the last 2 games giving Harden less stress to lead.

8. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Agreed that Harden is struggling and he might be going through injuries. He could easily just sit out if he wants to but he wants to play. Shouldn’t that in itself be commendable rather than seeing it as egotistical? How many players do you know that have done this? Besides, Russ is playing the PG for the most part in the last 2 games giving Harden less stress to lead.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well it s depending if hartenstein play or not, out of 3 superstars one has to be on the floor all the time

DeBeards and eliefor3 like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rest James and Clint today and tomorrow and give them time to heal Insert Hartenstein/Chandler and Gordon/Rivers.

cdxiong likes this.
  11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Clutchfans: “Harden, sit your ass down for as many games as needed.”

also Clutchfans, after losing a game: “trade Harden, Fire everyone, blow it up, we’re not a contender!”

For the record, I’m all for Harden taking a few games off to get healthy, I’m just predicting the usual apoplectic reaction in the GARM when we lose a couple games because he’s out.

hakeem94, HP3, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

They'll find a way of making it Harden's fault if he's not out there.

hakeem94, DeBeards, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I respect and admire his Rockets tenure, but he has to play smart. When I say smart, get some rest and take a night off so he can rest. His 3 shot percentage would be a lot higher, if he got some rest and his defense would be better. His body is not built on playing defense unlike Brodie, quick and tough-minded. Give it a rest!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He recieves his respect with his salary and endorsement deals.

How the hell do people who make 1/1000th of someone else's income feel the need to sympathize with them as if they are victims because of scrutiny?

BigShasta likes this.
  15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

What a asinine post even by your standards. Now we can’t sympathize with and injured player because of his paycheck.

hakeem94, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  16. fchowd0311

That isn't the post I replied to. Reread the post I replied to.

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Imagine if Luka Donkey comes back from something. Oh my god the praises he would have. Lmao

Invisible Fan, hakeem94 and Blurr#7 like this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

great positive post. Like I said before many people fans and media alike just don’t understand the level of players Russ and Harden are. Instead they look and judge. They don’t see the mental preparation, strenuous physical trials, and the professionalism that goes into it.

hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  19. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Isn’t sad tho? How and why is this the case? I wish people would just come out and say they don’t like the dude. It’s really that simple.

hakeem94 and Stephen_A like this.
  20. fchowd0311

Victim complex is a sad look for this message board.