1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden can't run point guard position. Bring him back to SG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, Jun 20, 2017.

1. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

sometimes i wonder if people in here watch basketball

2. feelgoodjones

feelgoodjones Member

LOG OFF, MAYBE. You my friend have no idea what you're talking about.

roslolian likes this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Bringing in Chris Paul and saying Harden can't run the point are not logical equivalencies.

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You are arguing that there is no reason to mull any changes. I'd say bringing in chris paul would be a fairly large one. I never said Harden couldn't run the point. The logical equivalency cop out doesn't apply.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

LOL. Could Nate Archibald run the PG position? Considered one of the greatest EVER.
    Harden's first year at PG pretty much matched Archibald's best season, greatest overall stats on record
    Numbers that have not been matched in 40 YEARS!! And James Harden did it.
    NOT Magic Johnson, NOT Steve Nash, NOT Chris Paul, NOT John Stockton, NOT Chauncey Billups. . . .
    But somehow James can't run Point?

AND THIS NEWS JUST IN. . . . STARTING HAKEEM OLAJUWON AT CENTER WAS A MISTAKE

#65 Remlap, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    don grahamleone and roslolian like this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, that's not what I am arguing.

My post was sarcastic in nature due to the OP's r****ded premise, thus it did not require a nuanced and well articulated response, as it was not intended to be debated, but rather to shame the OP to shut up and let the premise be forgotten. The implied meaning was that counter the OPs claim, Harden can in fact run the point position, as evidenced by the historical offensive output the team had last season, and that we should not change that fundamental philosophy due to turnovers.

You have latched on to the sarcastic characteristic of my post and misapplied to a broad spectrum of evaluation of team performance, trying to project onto me arguments that I don't have and were never intended to be put forth.

roslolian likes this.
  7. pass_to_Hakeem

He had just as many turnovers last year at the "2" where he still dominates the ball... lmao!!!

8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

It looked to me like you said "no changes, we have a top 10 offense." I was just letting you know the Rockets org is apparently considering changes. Specifically at the PG spot. Nothing nuanced required. Sorry for not reading your mind.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

They aren't considering changes at the pg spot, they just want CP3 because he is a franchise player and he is available as a target. If Porzingis was available in FA they would target Porzingis even if they already had Capela at C.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I already said this ad nauseun arguing with Holic but if your goal is to win a championship you should be looking at TEAM stats and not just individual ones. Harden shifting to pg has resulted in a TEAM offense boost while maintaining the average TEAM turnover rate. Harden is pg because he is the best at finding open 3 pt shooteers while still being a dominant scorer. His tos increase because he is always handling the ball but his teammates tos decrease because all they do is shoot, it cancels out. If you are gonna take Harden off the pg spot then he should be replaced with someone who can also generate the same amount of offensive value for the team, just having Harden's tos be lessened at the expense of overall team production is dumb.

Suppose you replace Harden with Rubio and have Harden go off the ball. Harden's individual stats will look better but the team performance will suffer because Rubio is not a scoring threat and opponents will just ignore him and double someone else, resulting in less open shots and less assists and less offensive production. But but but Harden's tos will decrease! So what???????? :rolleyes:

Hmc415 and AceOfSpades like this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

If they are considering Paul, they are considering changes at the PG spot, because he would be an upgrade. Just like Porzingis would be an upgrade over capela.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Actually several, but you know..

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Paul is not an upgrade over Harden wtf. He is not even the best true pg in the league so how can he be an upgrade over Harden? Getting Cp3 would downgrade the pg spot but upgrade the sg spot its like taking one steo back 2 steps forward.

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Paul is a better Pg than Harden. Not a better scorer. That's why they want him.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

The key word is run, Harden cannot run

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden was an amazing cutter and finisher in OKC. He could also take loads off CP3. CP3 usually gets exhausted in the playoffs since he has to dribble the ball every play.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Harden's brilliant introvert mind can't handle the pressure of a tied elimination game with 6 minutes to go. Having an intelligent ballhandler would probably reduce that stress and let him focus on his role rather than the needs of everyone else.

18. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

You are an Idiot.

19. Possum

Possum Member

In his first year ever at playing PG he nearly wins MVP. Enough said!

Remlap likes this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it was only his first season at running the point and he lead the the comp in assists....he is still learning the position. there are not many players that can say that they changed positions and then led the comp in a category