1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gubernatorial Candidate refuses to allow female reporter to interview him alone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Riz, Jul 11, 2019.

?

[Read post BEFORE voting] CF dudes, Where do you stand?

1. Completely Agree with Him

2. Partially Agree with Him

3. Completely Disagree with Him

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

It's the left that's bringing in the burkas.

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

You're assuming that all women are virtuous, and don't make things up for fun and profit. They do.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No.

I’m saying that people that hold office shouldn’t be so insure and have such lack of trust toward half of the population.

Take an example of flying. No one trust that every flight will land safely. That’s far different than being so insecure and having so much lack of trust that you don’t fly. It’s perfectly your own business in your private life. But in public office where you have to fly, it’s disqualifying.

body slam likes this.
  4. body slam

body slam Member

I see what you're saying, but I just don't see it as s big deal. Lets agree to disagree and have a good weekend.

jcf and Amiga like this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Did you read my posts about how I and others in my profession balance privacy and liability? A field where there's trust and privacy involved, yet the governing body says providers can have an open door policy to protect from liability.

Chaperone is the term used by all news articles, and it's perfectly applicable in this situation. Chaperone doesn't have to refer to an adult monitoring minors. Lastly, he's a gubernatorial candidate, not a governor. That means he's campaigning for governor and likely has his funds tied up to the race, not to appease an interviewer.

With all due respect, I suggest you read the thread carefully before commenting. It would certainly be helpful in discussions like this one.

Deckard likes this.