1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Rocket Man: Breaking Down James Harden's First Game for Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arthurprescott2, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Arthurprescott2

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/41630/rocket-man-breaking-down-james-hardens-first-game-for-houston

Not sure if I agree that Lin looks for his offense first. But I would not mind moving Lin to the bench until our backup PG problem is resolved. Harden or Lin need to be on the court at all times or the flow becomess stagnant. Staggering their minutes would mean less strain on Harden (hopefully he isn't required to play 40+ mins a game).

2. liunatic

liunatic Member

not sure if I agree with the domination of possessions. They seem to already play very well off each other.

3. Grigori

Grigori Member

Is this guy serious? It's like I said in the Douglas thread, Harden looked like ass with Douglas. In 9 minutes without Lin, Harden had 3 TOs and the Rockets were -5 as a team. Douglas by himself was -9, 4 worse than Harden-Douglas. The entire team was just standing around looking lethargic with only Harden out there. The Harden-Lin lineup, on the other hand, dominated the crap out of Pistons with +23. This r****d wants to break that up why?

4. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I 100% disagree. Without the two of them out there together, the defense just keyed in on the other, especially Harden, leading to a stagnant offense. And the synergistic effect of our dynamic backcourt was great and should not be sacrificed at all costs. Its unto McHale OR Morey to figure something out quick and getting rid of Douglas is the first step. Machado, porous defense and all, imo, would be better suited to run the offense and I'll bet bet that will happen sooner rather than later.

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

6. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

That's some reach on Lin dominating the ball affecting Harden's impact. Lin is not a selfish guy and his job is to initiate offense not hand ball over and get the hell out of the way. Harden's 37pts and 12 ast is more than having an impact. Having a guy that can create, score and penetrate only make Harden job easier

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Move Lin to the bench in favor of who? Tony ****ing Douglas?

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Quite the knee-jerk over-analysis there.

They've had two practices together. Two.

And Jeremy Lin has still only started less than a half season worth of games in his career. I think he knows he's not Russell Westbrook though.

9. Gil

Gil Member

What an idiot. Asinine analysis.

10. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Put TD on the floor and the offense becomes stagnant even with Harden.

11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

when lin was out on the bench the Defense was able to focus on Harden and slowed us down.... Lin needs to stay in. Also, there is some value to the article but overall.. Harden and Lin needs to stay on the floor together. LIn was +23 will Harden was +18.

12. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

This guy obviously didn't watch the game and still thinks of Lin during Linsanity. After just 2 practices, I like the chemistry.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin is not Russell friggin' Westbrook.

Stupid, stupid comparison.

14. catch22

catch22 Member

writer is r****ded. read harden's stats and tell me again lin held him back

15. tzou88

tzou88 Member

[​IMG]

Shamelessly ripped from that Grantland article.. but WHAT is Chandler looking at? After that weird ass hug in the 4th quarter last night, and now this picture. LoL

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL. tzou these pictures with Parsons kill me. He is always caught doing something overtly inappropriate. Parsons has a girlfriend though (or so he says).

17. catch22

catch22 Member

chandler is a HOF

18. catch22

catch22 Member

chandler is thinking: should i become a LOF or HOF? hmmm... whoever has a better butt

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Since people seem to have read a redacted version. Re-insert these quotes, and his article is fine.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Chandler isn't looking at anything. He's lost in thought, thoughts like, "How could I be so ****ing lucky?"