1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Go get Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

"If the Cardinals do ever decide to shop him, they’d likely seek multiple high draft picks."

Well, it was nice to entertain the idea.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

But I’m not talking about the patriots and their hall of fame/greatest quarterback ever thing that they’ve had going for 20 years.

I am just saying that our running backs, minus the greatest quarterback ever, stink.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Rick Smith isn't around thankfully

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You mean the same guy who drafted our defense and then got us a real QB? Yeah, glad he's gone.(rolling eyes emoji)

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Smith was hit or miss.

I like what Coutee and Reid as mid round guys so yeah I want to see what we can do with better picks.

We need a frachise tackle with our first rounder. Patterson for a second round pick isn't going to happen. He's not worth multiple picks for sure to a team that has holes to fill.. that came from trading our draft picks away in the first place to dump Brock and move up to draft DW

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What a hot take. I wouldnt give hime the entire credit for this defense that has glaring holes btw. Hes also had his whole tenure here, to draft a qb and didnt do it. He decided to give a qb coming off injury an extension and then signed the infamous Brock Osweiler. Good riddance. Im tired of beating this dead horse.

Gaine has shown promise in a limited draft and, I for one, would like to see if he progresses in next years draft.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Maybe Rick came bring back some of those offensive lineman he drafted lol

whag00 likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Gaine did good draft wise with Reid, Coutee and i like the tight ends... Ejiofor. Tyrann was a huge pick up free agency wise.

BUT... every offensive line decision was a pure fail! Fulton trash... S. Henderson was already injury prone but we got him anyway first week he's hurt and out for the year... didn't address left tackle had to start Davenport who is not ready at all. We have a franchise QB... why? So we can have a trash oline and that will ultimately end his career early?

9. donkeypunch

I agree with the fail at the o line but that has a lot to do with coaching as well. Im not letting him off the hook but when a free agency class of o lineman is headlined by Nate Solder, its probably better to wait and see what happens.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Gaines has done great in his 1st real draft. Gotta give props when they are due.
    BTW, that defense that you say has holes used to ranked #1 before they started screwing with it.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I will say , though, that Rankins looks like a good pick where we got him. Thats why they should have gotten more linemen in the draft instead of the bargain bin that was the FA.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I dont know about great. It is still early. Reid has been solid. Coutee has more missed games than good games. What happened to Rankin? All the high praise and high grades but we dont see production on the field. We all love Duke when he shines. I think Coutee will be what takes this draft class from really good to great. If he can be a steady producer and threat; I will be happy. Getting 3 or 4 solid starter level players in a short draft is not easy.

13. donkeypunch

I dont know who "they" you are referring to, because it was nice when we had a true #1 DB in Bouye, in which Smith was responsible for for not resigning and let him walk when a franchise tag was also available. That was/is our biggest downfall in our secondary the past few years since RAC doesnt know how to bracket or bump and run.

14. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Still, but wouldn't FO be remiss in NOT addressing our single biggest and most glaring need right now?
    It needs addressing asap or our shiny new QB may be beaten to a pulp - 10 sacks last game against an average pass rush does not auger well against good ones.
    I bet Sunday can't come quick enough for Calais Campbell and co.

#74 Wattafan, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

At this point I would rather they make calls about Leveon.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He would cost too much.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

2nd and 4th. Give them Kevin Johnson.

Do it! This would be the best move.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds great.
    They would be crazier than someone walking a mile on hot asphalt barefoot during summer in Texas to want a draft bust fragile Johnson.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Salary-wise, yeah. But I don't think he will cost as much draft capital.

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lol

deb4rockets likes this.