1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GM Daryl Morey signed 4-year extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Turbo, Jun 21, 2017.

?

Do you like the move signing Daryl Morey to a four-year extension as GM?

1. YES

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Morey has kept the team competitive despite lots of turnover and hasn't gotten the team locked into mediocrity. In his tenure we've been a top 5 team basically. Unfortunately we can't break through to the next level, but nothing that I've seen suggests it has anything to do with Morey making bad/wrong decisions. I think he has absolutely been as good a GM as could be expected in the situation he's been in.

Y2JT and francis 4 prez like this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

THIS WAS THE TRICK UP HIS SLEEVE. To get a new contract extension. Nobody predicted it. Genius work.

3. rockets13champs

Monday is his Executive of Year acceptance

heypartner likes this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. RightTooCensor

Championship cruise

7. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

I agree. We're sailing. No telling what's in store down the road. We've had one bad season but besides that everything else seems to improve year by year.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hard to complain about this. I didn't like the McFail extension because he got it before even winning a playoff series with the Rockets. Morey's built or rebuilt teams that have advanced in the postseason in 2009, 2015, and 2017. And even if the Rockets make no substantial moves this summer, they're still a Top 4 team in the West next season.

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wish we went after jerry west. Bring back cd and rudy t please.

10. MystikArkitect

Sure feels like CP3 has told teams "show me you're serious" and both the Rockets and Spurs have done things since then.

Clippers moving Deandre too. Sure looks like the Clippers window is closing by the day.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Several more years of striking out. Wonderful.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Everything will happen but a championship anytime soon.

deshen likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. You guys just can't accept that we are locking up a good employee for more years. That's it. Nothing has to be happening for this to happen lol. Stop dreaming and just jump on the Danilo bandwagon. Rockets are not getting PG or Paul or Millsap or Hayward or any other pipe dreams you all have.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  14. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I don't dislike Morey. i appreciate all the work he's done, I just think it's time to go in a different direction.

15. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

I definitely accept that we are locking up a good employee based on performance. I'm not dreaming of anyone in particular and I'm not necessarily saying it's going to happen this offseason, but I think the groundwork is there for the future and it's refreshingly optimistic, unlike you sir.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just realistic. Ever since Morey has been our GM we have been preparing for the future. As far as I know Morey has been pretty successful. He got us Harden and Howard . So I am happy with the work he has done but at the same time we really don't have the right desirable players right now to get us another great player on this team. I'm not holding my breath. I been crazy excited for 4 off-seasons now, I'm think I'm just going to sit back and just let the realism of our situation settle in. I want to be proven wrong though, because I'd like to get a player like PG on this team.

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  17. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

Feel that for sure.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good for him, though I think people give him far too much credit for what he has actually accomplished.....he is still a better GM than most....top 10ish...so yeah, good move.

DD

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  19. omgTHEpotential

I'd say top5 :)

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Kinda like Harden's passing?