1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ghostbusters III filming soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kaleidosky, May 21, 2009.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

http://sffmedia.com/films/science-f...ers-iii-filming-soon-with-original-cast-.html

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

“I've been very busy. Harold's been busy, Ivan's been busy."
    _____

[​IMG]

3. aghast

aghast Member

^^
    Aykroyd has been busy. Busy counting his webbed toes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ulLvUcmj6QE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ulLvUcmj6QE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

& watching his [Men in] b[l]ack:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3kAuNSI31w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3kAuNSI31w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Although, "Hey, listen, [Bill Murray]'s an artist."

Likely.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i love the ghostbusters movies. especially the first one.

i remember a poll on here that compared back to the future and ghostbusters. i voted ghost and future won. it made me sadddd

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whats wrong with Dan Akroyd? I swear if he wasn't in show biz he would be the guy shooting up a post office somewhere.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I love ghostbusters, but I feel a 3rd one will ruin it for me. 3rd sequels always seem to kill a movie for me.

They get caught in a balancing act.

If rehashing the same old stuff, it feels stale If they change things too much, it loses the elements that we loved from the first movie.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Does Hollywood do anything original?

8. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

I remember a rumor that the 3rd was going to start and would include Chris Farley, but after he died, it all just kinda fizzled out. Who knows if it is true or not.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

ghost>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>back to the future

it's not even remotely close

10. aghast

aghast Member

A comedic genius at one point, now a paranoid tinfoil hat conspiracist.

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/nd5AN8J1yB8C9v1zL71dhQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/nd5AN8J1yB8C9v1zL71dhQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

It was the 70s. Maybe coke?

Dunno, but House of Blues is pretty good.

11. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Ghostbusters 1 is one of the funniest films. The sexual tension and humor between Murray and Weaver was some of the best chemistry caught on film. Great to catch it on the big screen, like when River Oaks plays it at midnight.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Where was that artistic integrity when he was showing up in stuff like Charlie's Angels, Space Jam, Larger Than Life, Garfield, Osmosis Jones, Wild Things, etc.?

13. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I'm assuming that even with artists...money talks.

Most of those movies are Family/Children movies...except Wild Things hehe. I don't even remember him in Wild Things.

Those family movies made tons of money I'm sure. Artistic integrity won't stand a chance against a big ****** check. But then again I don't think anything can...

I guess he figured a 3rd Ghostbusters movie would flop. Since most of the people who loved Ghostbusters (us) have grown up.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

no more animation/cgi for the entire film?

either way, Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis are still VERY BUSY writing, directing, and producing some big-time comedies. I get that Akroyd has fallen off, and in my book, Bill Murray is untouchable from criticism...

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

'Ghostbusters 3' Filming In 2012, Dan Aykroyd Promises

16. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Not that 3 doesn't have a massive opportunity to be weak on its own accord...but if there definitely no Bill Murry...box office crap. Sounds like Bill wants to let the series die...although the scene in Zombieland was flat-out hilarious.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Not if they can help it.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The new screenplay is by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, the writers of the new Jack Black movie

FTW. Why bother if you are going to use new writers. They are setting themselves up for an Epic Fail.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope they get Bobby Brown on the soundtrack.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Supposedly Bill Murray told Aykroyd "Back off man, I'm an artist" when asked about another sequel but I guess he finally gave in.