1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Ready for the 2019-2020 Rockets Schedule!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AstrosRockets1818, Aug 12, 2019.

1. AstrosRockets1818

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I absolutely HATE that we apparently have a dozen games on NBA-TV. We have Google Fiber, which I love (crazy fast and cheaper), and I've gotten NBA League Pass for years, but the service, unlike what used to be Roadrunner here in Austin (now Spectrum), currently doesn't carry the NBA's "Hey! let's squeeze some more money out of our fans!" service. Maybe that'll change this season. I'll have to check. I hope so. Sure, the games are eventually shown on LP, but hours after the game's over. There have been times when a West Coast game didn't get shown until really late. It pissed me off. I'd watch it streaming in real time, but the quality often sucked. :mad:

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Opening night has last 3 MVPs in one game, that has to be a first. Barkley and Olajuwon vs MJ in 96 was a bit too late ;)

Deckard and mike2k132 like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

December 9 and March 19. I’ll see you fellas courtside

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

NBA TV is the absolute worst. I try to find streams 100% of the time (don't have it on Sling TV) and the commentators are always sleepwalking. I don't know why that channel exists.

Lawlruschang and Deckard like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Totally agree. It exists to take money from fans like you and I, assuming we have access to it. For many years, I've shelled out a great deal of money to insure that I can watch all the games. I had to pay when NBA-TV was on what is now Spectrum in Austin, which was my internet provider. I wasn't crazy about paying for NBA-TV when I was already paying for League Pass, but I was willing to do it.

In my opinion, the League is utterly shameless. We are being squeezed for every buck they can manage to get. I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with yet another way to force us to pay in order to watch the NBA team or teams that we care about. It's outrageous.

We love our team and we love basketball. Why is the league placing all these obstacles between us, the fans, and the game we love? Does their greed know no end? Apparently not. Those 12 Rockets games on NBA-TV is a big percentage of the total games the Rockets will play during the regular season. It is shocking NBA greed on display, and they simply don't care that we know it.

Lawlruschang and napalm06 like this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wow nba are genius fr. They really bring killing it the last 15 years with globalization, marketable stars, drama. I dont even.care about the NFL anymore lol. More basketball please

Lawlruschang likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yeah! Paying for League Pass and NBATV feels like the NBA double dipping too hard.

10. rgw20014life

rgw20014life Member

I'm still having to deal with all the blackouts on spectrum down here in the RGV.

Deckard likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I never had much of a problem with Roadrunner here in Austin, which Spectrum purchased, but I know some here that did. Austin first got cable in the early 1960's, and when we moved here in 1980, we were suddenly exposed to this foreign thing called cable TV. CNN had just started, we put out some bucks for HBO, the picture was usually excellent, with no antennas to worry about. We became hooked!

Now, of course, and like most people everywhere, we take it for granted. We also stream a great deal of content and really enjoy the variety from all the different sources. New fiber optic cable. So many sources of content that the head spins. Life has indeed changed! The NBA and their greed, however, has not. Hope your experience improves. Good luck!

Hope the Vipers have a great season! You probably have access to their games that I don't have. :cool:

Lawlruschang and rgw20014life like this.
  12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I like that Sunday Mar 15 afternoon game in Portland, going to try and get up there that weekend for the last game of the season series vs Blazers

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I quit league pass after that 2015-2016 season. Bar none the shittiest streaming product of them all. NBA TV is a scam, and it always hits the Rockets harder than other teams because we’re good. Even when the games were carried by league pass, the feeds were usually poor and did not work on my phone the way MLBTV would be just fine. NBA reddit streams is probably done for good, but there will always be some other bootleg option with a streaming quality equal to league pass.

Lawlruschang and Deckard like this.
  14. acjeitherocket

only 10 B2Bs. I like it

15. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

reddit nbastreams usually has 720p+ streams

nvm RIP r nbastreams

Deckard likes this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah the official streaming is pathetic. Glad I never did that, only that illegal one for a few months which offered both feeds right after the game was over.

They need to have an online deal for anywhere in the world where you can see every single game, choose feed, regardless of ESPN / TNT / FS etc.

Aside from league pass being a piss poor product, the restrictions for any other official way like ESPN+ is just restricted for non-US viewers.

All in all, they push you to go illegal and how they’ve yet to make this experience great and accessible to everyone is beyond me. So much money can be made, though I think they just have some cheap interns who are in control since the official website hasn’t been user friendly since forever.

Deckard and napalm06 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Easy start and average finish....all packed in the middle.

18. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

does anyone know if I have the premier package with directv (which includes nbatv and the local channel the rockets play on (att sports net?)), would I need league pass still? I noticed last year even though I had league pass, the games would still be on the local houston channel (I live in Dallas). If I didn't have league pass, would the local channel be blacked out? As of now, I get all the Astros games on that channel, even though I don't have MLB extra innings.

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

16th toughest schedule. Nice. Right in the middle.

Also maybe worth noting, I see the delta between #1 and #30 is only 0.029. So pretty even across the board.

[​IMG]

Roomba likes this.
  20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Yeh, I've never understood why NBA TV blacks out on NBA League Pass, it's the stupidest thing to have to pay for both. I'm glad that I've found ways to stream on Firestick if so, but still not consistent quality.

Deckard likes this.