1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game of Zone: GS Warriors edition

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by blahblehblah, Oct 22, 2015.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

i3artow i3aller posted this in the preseason thread, decided to make a new thread for those who loved the game of zone vids (like I do) & might have missed it.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

INB4 someone gets offended the Rockets weren't mentioned.

Curry petting the kitty was awesome.

Thought it was funny no one laughed at the Barnes spot staring at the ass.

3. WestendMassive

There was a Rockets banner when Kerr pointed at 'those men down there', next to the Cavs one.

That was clearly the worst Game of Zones though. The others were awesome, this seemed a bit forced and pandering. Admittedly, I can't stand the Warriors, so maybe I'm showing my bias but I thought this was a bit meh.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Not sure if it's because it was the Warriors... but I didn't laugh once.

Pathetic Game of Zones really.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Come on man, some of that stuff was funny. I don't know why they went away from that childish voice for Curry, that one was much better. The daughter should've had some lines as well.

I laughed at the brazilian blur, Bogut's accent, Barnes' stuff, the "get what ya need", "do we get winter in the Bay Area", the 1000 games, the holding of Iggy's junk, David Lee.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

b-

Rocket River

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

couldve been funnier...but that was decent...

8. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

The reaction to the David lee was funny haha, I heard someone say "oh ish" lol

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It probably was a weak episode because Kerr requested it, so wasn't inspired from a natural collection of ideas. Plus, you can't really do just one team. That's not the point of Game of Zones.

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Grantland Zach Lowe Picking Rockets as Biggest Threat to the Warriors:

It’s time for an annual tradition: a bunch of random predictions about the upcoming NBA season. For this to be fun, we have to find the sweet spot between bat-crap crazy and probable. Let’s all be wrong together!

1. Houston Emerges As the Biggest Threat to Golden State in the West

There are six things to worry about with the Rockets:

1. They don’t have much good outside shooting, though Ty Lawson should generate some clean spot-up looks for James Harden.

2. It’s impossible to hide both Lawson and Harden on defense.

3. Harden spent time dating a Kardashian, Lawson is dealing with an alcohol problem, and Dwight Howard is Dwight Howard. Do you trust the personalities on this team in gut-check moments?

4. Howard’s farts could incapacitate the entire locker room before a big playoff game.

5. Several key players, including Howard and Donatas Motiejunas, are dealing with injury. If Motiejunas or Terrence Jones is ever out long term, Houston will either have to play more small ball or slot a rookie in at backup power forward.

6. Their defense, ranked sixth in points allowed per possession last season, may regress a hair — even if Howard plays more games. Opponents shot just 32 percent from deep against Houston last season, the lowest such mark in the league. The Rockets had a lot to do with all of those bricks, but that number will creep up.

2015-16 NBA Preview

Everything you need to know about the coming season.But you know what? I love this team. They are freaking loaded with relentless athletes who will never stop running, flying to the rim, launching 3s, and whipping the ball up the court in transition. They are exhausting to play against. They got Lawson for free! K.J. McDaniels may be ready for more time on the wing, Clint Capela is a player, and Harden is going to make a run at MVP again.
    And for all the anxiety about the shaky makeup, these guys held together during the same tense moments in which the Clippers quaked. Howard was great in the playoffs, and he has already led a team to the Finals. Why do we act as if he has accomplished nothing on the big stage?

This team should scare everyone, especially because Daryl Morey has one more trade to make. Count that as an extra prediction: Houston will make one win-now move.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/35...16-nba-season/